Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the keyfob housing - intelligent key?
As you know, the whole unit is expensive.
In his haste, "a friend of mine" excessively forced the keyfob closed breaking a tab. =)
I've googled and ebay'd to no luck.
Crazy glue on the cracked tab didn't work.
It's nothing a little black electrical tape couldn't fix, but quite annoying.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Nelson-

It's a long shot, but you might try to determine who the manufacturer is. Look either on the back of the case or inside of it. My guess is it is a Japanese company. See if they have a website, then contact their customer service department. Tell them your tale of woe and if you are lucky to get a sympathetic rep they may just help you out. It's a long shot, but what are your options?

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just the part with the 3 buttons, where the key slips into? If that is what you are looking for, I have bought extra ones at one point. Let me know if that is what your looking for.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES!!!! that is EXACTLY what I need!!

I don't need the "computer" inside.. just the casing / housing. Mine won't close completely at one end.

PLEASE, PLEASE let me know where to get it from and how much it costs.

I feel like a kid who has to fix his eyeglasses with tape!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I bought two off ebay about a year or so ago, and I split them with GripperDon. I kept one and he kept the other one as an extra in case we ever lose 1 of our 2 keyfobs.

Let me check if Gripperdon remembers how much we paid for it... and i'll be more then happy to sell it to you for the price I paid if you would like.

BUT... it's the entire piece, with the key... not just the case.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
As I told GymKid not a clue

:confused:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, TheGymKid.

I have a feeling what you paid is more than what I was planning on paying for one.... since it's the complete fob plus a key.

But please let me know. You can PM me if you prefer not to make your price public.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NELSON said:
Thanks, TheGymKid.

I have a feeling what you paid is more than what I was planning on paying for one.... since it's the complete fob plus a key.

But please let me know. You can PM me if you prefer not to make your price public.
Nelson, well... I think we paid between $40 & $50 for each one... but I'll sell you mine for $30.00 if you want it. OR.... you can buy it without the key alot cheaper here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Murano-or-Maxima-Intelligent-or-Smart-key-fob_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ019QQitemZ290072348889QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I wouldn't make a good salesman, would I? :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, GymKid, I am already watching that item....
BUT I didn't wanna mention it was on ebay to help control my competition on bidding since it is the only intelligent key listed. heheh.

I'll let you know. $30 is not bad for a functional key fob.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're offer still stands, I'll gladly purchase it.

Let me know how you want to go about it.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NELSON said:
If you're offer still stands, I'll gladly purchase it.

Let me know how you want to go about it.
Thanks!!
Where in NJ do you live\work? I can see if we can meet somewhere to do the switch, so you can see the keyfob before you pay me for it. Or if you prefer to do it by mail... let me know.

I live in Old Bridge, and work in Roseland.... I drive up the parkway on a regular basis.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roseland is about 20 miles west of me. I live and work in Jersey City.

How's your availability on Fridays? Maybe I can meet you at Menlo or Woodbridge Mall on your way home from work.

If not, we can do it by mail. Check, paypal - doesn't matter. I'm in no rush.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Mr3Putt said:
Gymkid,

What's up with the avatar? Is there some news?
:D I suppose you missed the tread conversation when i found out I was going to be a father for the first time. Very exciting !! Due in Mid April. That is a picture of my wife I took last weekend. Check out the last line in my signature (on the list) too...

MR3Putt... I'm moving in 2 weeks also... to Marlboro, NJ. I'm going to be about a mile from Harmony Hill golf course. Ever play there or hear about it ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
TheGymKid said:

:D I suppose you missed the tread conversation when i found out I was going to be a father for the first time. Very exciting !! Due in Mid April. That is a picture of my wife I took last weekend. Check out the last line in my signature (on the list) too...

MR3Putt... I'm moving in 2 weeks also... to Marlboro, NJ. I'm going to be about a mile from Harmony Hill golf course. Ever play there or hear about it ?
Big Congrats on the baby! Tax day could have a whole new meaning at your place!

All of the NJ golf I've done have been around Atlantic City, I've played most of the tracks within 1/2 hour of Caesars.

I checked HERE and there are 82 courses within a 25 mile radius of Marlboro NJ, so you'll have many options to golf! Of course you'll have to wait 8-9 years to bring your kid along!

Is Harmony Hill a new course? Or maybe it's had a recent name change because normally that link lists them all.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Come on down here and try 145 Courses

:eek:

Plus great schools for the new one Congrats !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
7 Participants
GripperDon
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing