Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me say that I've been watching this board for awhile...and thanks to everyone for the wealth of information that is posted.

OK...I've had my 2003 MO SL AWD for 3 months, and just took it to the dealer for its first oil change.

Besides the oil change, I also wanted the dealer to change the keyfob options to Mode 4 (see table from Service Manual below), where there is a visual indication when you lock and unlock the vehicle, but no horn. It took me a bit to get the dealer Service Manager to understand what I was asking for, but when I showed the attached table to the Service Technician, he got it immediately.

The one thing we learned is that when you go to Mode 4, it is not "sticky". That is to say, if you hold down the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyfob, it will revert you back to Mode 1 and Mode 2. The only way to return the vehicle back to Mode 4 will be to go back to the dealer and have the MO reconnected to the Consult II computer. (I tried this while the MO was still in the garage, and the Service Tech had to reset the MO back to Mode 4).

So, in summary, if you decide to change the Lock and Unlock option, make sure that you don't try changing it again via the keyfob, since you will need to go back to the dealer to get back to Modes 3, 4, 5, or 6.

BTW, the Dealer was very nice, and did not charge me to do this.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
"Auto Locking Function Mode"???? Is that when the car locks when driving? How do I get it to do that? Is it really a feature I can apply? I have this safety feature (doors lock when driving) on all my other cars. I have gotten so used to it that when I drive my Murano, I never even think to lock the doors. I read the manual and there was no mention of anything like Auto Lock. Where did you get the chart? How can I do this? Thanks.:eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe that auto-locking feature is not the same as what you have on your other cars. If I'm not mistaken, I think this refers to the door locks on the Murano relocking if you press the unlock button on the keyfob but do not open the door or insert the key in the ignition. This prevents the Murano from remaining unlocked if you should accidentally press the unlock button.

Jeff

·
Registered
66 Posts
lockign doors

yeah im used to having a car lock after 30 seconds or when you go past 30mph it will auto-lock but the MO doesnt. It owuld be nice to just hop in drive a block hit 30 mph and blink all doors lock, but they dont. I too never lock my doors now, not cause i dont want them but cause i forget to. I heard it is safer to lock your doors, not for criminal reasons but also in traffic accident reasons.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It IS safer to lock your doors... whether some guy will try to jack your MO or some road-rage nut will try to pry you out of it for a beating...

My Exploder had auto-lock, I really wish the MO did :/

Then again, I guess it could be worse... I drove a new Pontiac Grand Am that wouldn't let me out of the vehicle unless I was parked and had the key out of the ignition!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts