Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lost and needed to replace the Keyless Key Fob ? I'm down one at the moment, but I'm sure it will pop up somewhere in the house. I need one of those key finder thingys.

Anyway... If i 'misplace' my other one, I might need to make a quick purchase so I'm just wondering....

Does anyone know if I bought a used Keyless Key Fob by Nissan, if I could have it programmed to work on my Mo?

How much is a new one? I heard over $200.00

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
TheGymKid said:
Does anyone know if I bought a used Keyless Key Fob by Nissan, if I could have it programmed to work on my Mo?
Yes.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaak... what about being able to buy a blank key to have it cut? You know the key inside the remote... i'm sure if I buy a used one it will be a key for another car and I'll have to buy a new key. Can I buy just a blank key at a dealer or somewhere?

·
Registered
470 Posts
TheGymKid said:
Has anyone lost and needed to replace the Keyless Key Fob ? I'm down one at the moment, but I'm sure it will pop up somewhere in the house. I need one of those key finder thingys.

Anyway... If i 'misplace' my other one, I might need to make a quick purchase so I'm just wondering....

How much is a new one? I heard over $200.00
When I bought my car the dealer told me the key fob was around $400 if I had to replace it. I chose not to buy the touring package, one reason being the price of the keyfob.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Re: Keyless Key Fob

HuskyFan said:
When I bought my car the dealer told me the key fob was around $400 if I had to replace it.
Wow! Got me an extra fob off e-bay for $5.05..... :2:

I know I don't have 05 or "intelligent" key but at $400 a pop for a fob I would have passed on it anyway...

·
4,601 Posts
TheGymKid said:
Thanks Jaak... what about being able to buy a blank key to have it cut? You know the key inside the remote... i'm sure if I buy a used one it will be a key for another car and I'll have to buy a new key. Can I buy just a blank key at a dealer or somewhere?
Hmmm... Didn't think about that!

If I thought like a Marketing person, I'd punish you for losing either part by gouging you on the price of it and making you have to buy the whole thing when you lose one part.

I wonder if they've slipped up?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gymkid, I see you bid on those ones on ebay. I was going to but I'll let you have them and wait for the next ones. Good luck!!!! :cool:

·
4,601 Posts
Ah, that eBay. I went looking to see if they were there and didn't find the same one as you need. Good to know you did!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohio Murano said:
Gymkid, I see you bid on those ones on ebay. I was going to but I'll let you have them and wait for the next ones. Good luck!!!! :cool:
Yup, I bid on them before I wrote this post... maybe I should have waited until the bidding ended before I brought 'the key fob' to the attention of the forum. :) Thanks for not raising the price on me.... i appreciate it.

I emailed a person who bought the remotes before me from this person... he said the remotes work well, had to have them programed by the dealer... the keys don't work though. New keys will have to be ubtained somehow / somewhere... if they are really wanted. Honestly though the remote works like a key and it probably isn't really needed.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh, the ultimate Lurker. I'm upset, he never PM's me anymore.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think we should count that as a post. # 3001 :D

·
4,601 Posts
LOL!

Oh, poor Don... It never stops, it just subsides...

Well for the truly obsessed, I'm a stone's throw from 4000. Man, I need to see a shrink...

:ucrazy:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I see the auction is for a pair. If you don't need both maybe you guys can share...:)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zebelkhan said:
I see the auction is for a pair. If you don't need both maybe you guys can share...:)
I emailed him and PMed him... He contacted me back and said "Sorry, Didn't recoginize the bidder, Go ahead it's yours, If you don't need both I'll buy one from you if you are willing to sell it... "

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
TheGymKid said:

I emailed him and PMed him... He contacted me back and said "Sorry, Didn't recoginize the bidder, Go ahead it's yours, If you don't need both I'll buy one from you if you are willing to sell it... "
Let's now hope you get lucky and win the auction. When I got my fob (the older model) the highest bid was for $5.01 and I got it for $5.05! Not bad for a brand new one...:D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zebelkhan said:

Let's now hope you get lucky and win the auction. When I got my fob (the older model) the highest bid was for $5.01 and I got it for $5.05! Not bad for a brand new one...:D
Just call me lucky.... I'm going to split it with Gripperdon.

·
4,601 Posts
Doesn't get better than that!!!

Hi Don! Hope you're doing well...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts