Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: new MO '05, 2K miles.
I noticed the two (2) front doors DO NOT close with that resounding 'thump' or "I'm closed" solid sound.
Interestingly enough, it seems the 2 back doors appear to close more assuredly, almost as solidly as my other car, a Benz.
I did some preliminary investigating, and looked at the door trim. It seems to be, aside from being rather feeble looking, 'twisted' at the lower corner of the door.
(I'm beginning to think that I have too much time on my hands)
Anyway, I just wanted to post this, basically for conversational benefit, since I know nothing will come of my 'complaint'. Imagine, bringing this up to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm not surprised.

I had a friend that had a vehicle that was peeling paint on the hood. The autobody shop told my freind that the car was hit and repainted. My friend informed the autobody shop that he was the original owner of the vehicle and never had an accident. The autobody shop began to explain to my friend that he is not surprised. Apparrently, vehicle get bumped sometimes while being shipped/delivered to the dealer or sometimes if a dealer manager is taking it home (which would account for the 2k on the speedometer). The dealer gets it repaired but will never inform you unless they are asked and even that may not help.

I would bring it to a professional shop and ask them if they think the vehicle was hit without going into details. If it was,they should be able to tell you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts