Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
explain you my problem. I am in the vehicle not moving but started.. if I completely turn the wheel to the left, I hear a knock in the front of the mo, if took back the sterring in the middle,the sterring is not align with my wheels. if I completely turn the wheel to the right, I hear a knock in the front of the mo again , if took back the sterring in the middle,the sterring wheel is right in the middle. Same thing if I start by the left or the right ??

whats wrong with my MO ??

shock's table ? direction ? Toothed rack??

help me please

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

OK. Bad joke.

If your MO was built before May 14, 2003 it may require Service Bulletin 03065. This service bulletin is for 2003 MOs that have a "popping sound" when turning the steering wheel, and problems with the alignment changing as the steering wheel turns. Sound familiar?

Here is a link to the service bulletin: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2003/NTB03-065.htm

It looks like a very simple fix. Three nuts/bolt need to be tightened and an alignment performed.

-njjoe

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sound

i only got the sound almost on the extreme when I steer to left or right..

and, if the bolt is right tight at the same level ??

whats wrong ??

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Like njjeo explained, the rack and pinion bolts are not tight and you need to take it to dealer to have them do it.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The TSB explains it all. The knocking sound is caused by a loose steering rack (because the bolt isn't tight and holding it in place). Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Its not safe to drive with a crooked wheel, so get it fixed as soon as possible. The repair is free - just print out the TSB and hand it to them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rack

i bought the MO yesterday and the montreal dealership make an alignement and everything

why he did not see this ??

my neareset dealership is at 2h00

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: acc

elerico said:
can i have an accident ?

can i damage something if I w8 until monday
You can wait until Monday. Just don't turn lock to lock too often! Drive safely in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: rack

elerico said:
i bought the MO yesterday and the montreal dealership make an alignement and everything

why he did not see this ??
They probably did not see it because it is not obvious. The bolts are tight, but not to the specs so they will not hold when turning side to side.

If you just bought the car, it has been driven like this for almost three years now so I would say it can probably be driven for a few more days until you can get it to the dealer.

To be honest, I have never applied the TSB to mine either and it is possible that it may have the same problem. I don't really know because I have not turned the wheels all the way yet....:D

Plus I don't have a unusual tire wear so I have not had it checked, but but I think I will have it done on my next visit.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
elerico - any update on this issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts