Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st. visit. On May 17th,
Work was completed on Transfer Case replacement which included pulling the engine assembly to do the job. Thanks jaak for info and diagram. Nearly three weeks no Mo
2nd. visit May18th,
Power steering fluid dripping down reservoir, No A.C., Lossed its Charge and a nice scratch on driver door. Had to wait till May 24th to pick up car because of replacement black molding strip on driver door that was damaged during removal for paint job.
3rd. visit May 25th
Driver window misaligned and a new minor scratch marks on black painted surface near window. Pronounced wind noise on freeway with window up. Same Day repair. Was given a Nissan sentra to drive back to work with service engine light on for that day.
4th. visit May 29th.
CVT Fluid Leak. After driving car to and from work for nearly a week, I nociticed that after the smell of lacquer from paint job on door subsided, I now began to smell burning oil in the interior. CVT dripping oil onto exhaust pipe. Mechanic added dye to CVT fluid and I was to continue to drive the car over the Memorial Day weekend. On June 1st. Car is back in shop to see if Colored dye shows up w/black light. This was done to rule out gear lube leak from transfer case. Dye showed up and now they were able to remove transfer case without having to pull motor. Go figure! Bad seal... Once again, Thanks Jaak for info. I suggested that they check the mating spline on and in the CVT for play, slop and run-out., because a new seal won't fix leak if any of those conditions exist.
All problems concurred one after the other as a result from initial work rendered.

·
5,268 Posts
Man it sucks.................:(

I really feel sorry for you.

Doesn't say much about "quality service". Hearing horror stories like this one makes me feel bad about taking the MO to a dealer.....

Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just mailed off a quality report response to Nissan in Toledo, Ohio today. Take a guess on how well I filled out the form. I talked with the owner at the dealership where I got the car just to clue him in on what’s been going on. He did side w/me and my frustrations. The same goes to the salesman we worked with. (Wife & I) Bottom line service needs to get their act together and confirm quality work rendered. The owner was nice; the salesman was great also with intervention. Service just sucks. Their actions speak louder then words.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think part of the problem is that Nissan often takes a "replace the whole thing" approach to CVT problems. So while the techs might know how to replace the entire CVT assembly, they are less experienced replacing just the differential. I agree though that they should have gone out of their way big time to accomodate you because they did such a shoddy repair. A sentra with a check engine light is not acceptable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just mailed off a quality report response to Nissan in Toledo, Ohio today. Take a guess on how well I filled out the form. I talked with the owner at the dealership where I got the car just to clue him in on what’s been going on. He did side w/me and my frustrations. The same goes to the salesman we worked with. (Wife & I) Bottom line service needs to get their act together and confirm quality work rendered. The owner was nice; the salesman was great also with intervention. Service just sucks. Their actions speak louder then words.

·
4,664 Posts
That would be my biggest complaint with Nissan. Dealer quality varies wildly. If you find a good one, it makes the experience very positive, but bad ones make it hell. Again, NNA needs to get their act together on this. Now if Ford sold Nissans, I'd be very happy, as every experience I've had with a Ford dealer has been excellent. Too bad they sell Fords....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a little footnote: Take lots of pictures of your Mo as I did because the proof is in the pudding. It helped me with a leg to stand on in a conversation I had with both the owner and service manager in reference to whether the side seal was replaced or not...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Good advice for anyone faced with a CVT replacement...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts