Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Murano owners. I am an avid user of Google maps and its turn-by-turn navigation. Ever since I purchased my 2018 Murano four months ago, I try hard not to use my smartphone and instead take advantage of the vehicle's built-in navigation system. But why is it that whenever I use the Murano's navigation system, the software often lags when I'm trying to input a destination, like it's trying to search for data, and it takes a long time (est 5 mins) before it becomes live again. I'm so used to the snappiness of Google maps, and when I experience something like this, it's such a pain in the a**. Like when I want to type a street address, the option that I want to enter such as the street number or street name becomes grayed-out. It takes a while before the grayed-out options light up and become available, like it's waiting to finish loading data from a source, like it's buffering. This doesn't happen every time, but I can say it happens half the time. Do any of you experience this?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine has been very quick in recognizing addresses. It also is much better than expected with voice commands narrating the address. I did experience a slowness or lag with my 2010 that was up 10 seconds sometimes, but very infrequently.
If there is a way to reset the Nav or head unit I would try that, otherwise it sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order... unfortunately because that is a hassle and intermittent problems never seem to reliably present st the dealership. Definitely take a video or two to show them.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Mine isn't laggy, but the software is outdated. While on vacation we went to visit a friend who had moved into a new development in SC. The Murano nav wouldn't find the address. I plugged in my phone and used Apple Car Play and Apple maps had no problem finding it.

I think your answer is just to use Apple Car Play. My understanding is with the upgrade to iOS 12, Google maps will now be available in Car Play.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine is a bit laggy. Its definately not a very good system. I also don't like how you have to type in the street areas exactly how the system has it. For example Google may have the street name as "acbdef tow line but the navigation might have it as "abc-ddec townline" and it wont find it. I've had to on a few occasions Google the address and then move the map on the navigation to the street and see how it's spelled on the system and then search that way.

Also hate the slow refresh rate on the navigation while moving. Has anyone seen Chryslers system? It's like Google. When the car moves so does the car icon. Everything so smooth.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Also hate the slow refresh rate on the navigation while moving. Has anyone seen Chryslers system? It's like Google. When the car moves so does the car icon. Everything so smooth.

Yeah, the frame rate is terrible. Considering smart phones can refresh at 60 frames a second, this to me just comes off as Clarion and Nissan trying to cut corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
AltimaNEO
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing