Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchsed the Lankga Scratch repair kit. Before I attempt anything I was just curious as to the results others obtained. I have some small clearcoat scratches but don't want to do more harm than good. Also - any input on the Paint Chip repair experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Z

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I used LANGKA on my prev cars ...

I think it was pretty good in helping you to make the application of touch up paint more evently (less blob). I personally never able to apply even touch up paint using the provided soft end brush. I find that Langka is veyr useful.

Dont wait too long in between the touch up paint and LANGKA. Langka wont work so well if the 'blob' of the touch up paint dries out. The dificult part is: every touch up paint has its own 'dry' time. So i cannot tell you how long of the wait on murano paint before you need to use the langka.

If the langka wiped out the entire blob of the touch up paint, just reapply the paint, wait longer then the 1st time, then re-try with Langka. Make sure you take your time. When you get the Langka, it comes with instruction right? Follow it... you should be good.
Good luck!

PS:
The word "Langka" comes from the BAHASA language (south east asia) which means 'UNCOMMON' in english ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
The paint chips quite easily. Get a Colgan bra or stone deflector. Won't protect everything but it will help some. Others have the clear film applications to prevent chips. Stay away from dump trucks and cement trucks. One bad bounce from them and you'll be chipped for certain.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
finally!!! i was waiting for someone to post a topic about this. time to get some of my own.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a nasty scratch on my drivers door, have touch up paint, and have Langka. But I have no time so I havn't tried it yet.

When I do (it's been almost a year now) I'll take pictures, etc. Looks like Sept time frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts