Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here purchase a Moe from a Las Vegas valley dealer?? I wanted to hear how the purchase went, did they work with you, and how has the follow up service gone with whatever dealer you went with. I LOVE the moe's, but I'm not in any hurry to get taken in a bad deal, or buy from a local dealer that's subpar.........

Thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey whats up? I live here in Las Vegas. I bought mine at United Nissan just when these things came out on the market. At the time, a Murano couldn't be bought for anything less than $3,000 over sticker price. Now, you can most likely get one for $2,000 under MSRP. Look at www.edmunds.com and enter the stuff you want. It will give you a "True Market Value" for the zip code. If you print this out and take it to the dealers, I'm sure one of them will give this to you. If they know you will walk to another, then they should all do it. I ended up getting mine for MSRP after 4 hours of haggling w/ a trade. If you want to check mine out, your more than welcome to. I have everything but Nav. Sheer Silver/Black leather...

Dustin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dookie... I have gone to Desert so far, will try United later this week. I am in no hurry, and I figured I could maybe play the dealers against each other. I fugured I could get a SL with the premimum package for around $28. Have you had any maintanence issues with your Moe?? Reading these boards hasn't made me change my mind, just be a little more cautious about getting a good deal and all. I might take you up on checking your Moe out. I live in Sun Valley, around Trop and 215. I will let you know what I find out at United. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Haven't had any problems at all. There are minor issues that I want to take it in for, like a strange rattling noise coming from what seems to be the left rear wheel, and things like that. Nothing that has caused it to go in for inscheduled maintenance though....Let me know when you want to get together....I live on the other side of town because I'm in the Air Force here at Nellis.....Live on Sahara/Hollywood....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Real Estate market here is absurd. A woman I work with went to look at a new hosuing edition, one where they are building like 160 units. She signed up on the list to buy one, along with almost 2000 other people! Another person I work with closed on his house in November, his floorplan then cost around 190,000, and the same floorplan now is at 224,000. But the best one is the other woman I work with, she bought a house in Southern Highlands for 170,000 last July, and a house of equal size and all has already sold in the development for almost 280,000! Most NEW houses here are appreciating at about 3-6% a month... And its just getting worse...... we measure our new housing supply in hours, not days or weeks like other cities. I work as a City Planner, and believe me this place is red hot as far as housing goes, its mostly due to people buying up these homes as investments right now along with many SoCal people buying and pushing up the costs....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Vegas is indeed running out of real estate to build on. It was said not long ago that the next trend here is to build up, as in high-rise condominiums. The ones they are building on the Strip right now go for $300K +. I'm in the Air Force, so I'm not that fortunate to have a really good income (though I'm getting a $700/month pay raise here soon), and we bought a newer house for $145. It was appraised for $165 not too long ago, and I live in one of the slower parts of town, as far as property value goes. Not the worst, and the not the best where I'm at, but I think it's better than any other surrounding state. Phoenix, in my guess, is next on the list to have a big real estate boom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, this place still has some growing to do. Since almost all of the land around the valley is BLM land (Bureau of Land Management) it will continue to be auctioned off in sections for at least another 5 to 10 years. There's WAYYYY to much pressure to open up that land by developers and the like. Seeing how much money everyone stands to make in those deals (100's of millions) I don't see and radical change anytime soon. We will eventually run out of room, geography and such dictates that. Along with water, air quality is also a major concern that might, read MIGHT, slow down the growth. But I tell you, the developers and builders practically beat down our door to get there projects moved through the planning process. Unless something drastic happens to the gambling industry, or a major shift in policy from the Feds about releasing more land, I don't see the place cooling off anytime soon. As for Muranos :) which color would you all prefer between the Sunlite Copper or the Polished Pewter?? As for Phoenix, I don't see them growing at the pace we are going, but they also have some factors we have such as water and land barriers like Indian lands and Federal lands in the way... LOL, I can see 20 years from now, SoCal people will be living in Phoenix and Las Vegas suburbs and communting to LA, because of the housing costs in California, hell people already live 50-100 miles or more away from LA because of the cheaper housing. They will be here before long.....

·
Registered
424 Posts
BoomerSooner said:
As for Muranos :) which color would you all prefer between the Sunlite Copper or the Polished Pewter??

COPPER! .... but maybe I'm just a little biased :17:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts