Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I am researching the MO, I must say that the vehicle is very unique and different from the line up. I continue to like and enjoy what it has to offer.

However, manufacturers such as Ford have noticed an untapped market. I was checking out the Edge and whilst I consider it bland, you can see it has taken after the MO.

The Mazda CX7 has also taken after the MO.

You can see so many of the MOs aspects being hijacked or cheaply imitated. The rear seats in the edge come folding down via a press of a button.

I just don't like the fact that there is so much imitation out there, and that manufacturers choose to follow and can't take the initiative by taking risks and coming out with their own unique product. Ford has been financial suffering for some time now and I just would like to have a word with their designers to say "be original".

I give credit to the MO, because not only is it original but cutting edge. There are no vehicles like it out there but seem that will change in the next several months or so , which is the reason for me ranting and being some what disspointed with car manufactureres originality.

Just having the need to vent here.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yes, from a distance, most a very far distance, you can see some simularities.

2 or 3 have ripped off the back glass swoop up.

But Mo remains the one and only Mo---nothing compares.

Mimicry is the epitome of flattery.
Yep!

:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very few 'originals' in the world....

Not that 'originals' can't be improved upon!:2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CX7

Planning on test driving the cx7 in the next week or so. The turbo charged 4 cylinder is going to be interesting to feel out.

I heard got stuff on the interior.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
While the CX7 may have a sportier tuned suspension than the MO, it cannot match it in interior accomodations - reviews I have read have harped on the small rear bench seat that is too low. Also, cargo capacity is around 60 cu. ft, short of the 82 cu feet for the Murano (both with seats folded down).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Very few originals? You are right about that. Most designs of today are derived from designs from yesterday.

Maybe one of Nissan's senior designers has a fondness for Gremlins. :2:

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I drove a gremlin x once with the V8 in it, man did that thing have no respect for rubber!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts