Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Murano Platinum
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So disappointed in Nissan. New owner of 2019 Murano. Carpet soaking wet under driver's side under legs. Water soaked carpet under Weathertech floor mats 2x/this week Afraid mold and carpet rot will be forthcoming. HOW TO FIX? It's due to rain as I haven't used the AC. Ran thru car wash 2x/row, paper toweled around entire sun roof, floor, and in drivers door. Coming in from above front left foot rest and puddles at bottom of wheel well. Soaking wet.

Could it be the windshield leaking? Suspect its the drainage hole/tube as I've seen some posts. Poured a cup of water into the front 2 drainage tubes, left drivers side definitely slower than right side which returned nearly the whole cup. If it is this, how do I keep it clear? Are there any home remedies so this doesn't become a problem again?

Before I go to dealer, trying to figure out if anyone else had similar water leak issue with Murano 2019 and what it was. Don't trust dealer - will dealer honor warranty, try to push off as something smaller if its actually the sunroof? Please hurry, more rain on the way as it's spring and I'm feeling like a sucker for a lemon car.

·
Super Moderator
8,292 Posts
Your recourse is the dealer. Not sure why you don't trust them, unless you have some history with them.

You seem to have a pretty good diagnosis that you can share with them, and chances are this isn't the first time they have seen this.

Go there, give them a shot at making it right. Evaluate their work. Go back if necessary...not every leak is fixed on the first try.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
When I read posts like this I always wonder why anyone would buy a car from a dealer they didn't trust, and what prompted the non-trust issues? I think today, most dealer's service departments are on the up and up. They get graded constantly, and with all the social media, they can't afford to be screwing the customers. My dealer does great work, and has helped me numerous times over the years that I have purchased cars from them. I bought my first Nissan in 2005, and have only had my services done at the dealer. They are great people to deal with, and contrary to popular opinion, their prices are in line with the independent garages, who I do not trust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts