Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few threads on gen 1 murano for the high pressure power steering hose leaking and needing to be replaced.

I'm noticing a leak and pool on my driveway under the passenger side, seemingly coming from that line beside the AC compressor and belts. It's the metal line that has plastic clips to hold it to the frame i think.

I though I just had to replace the clamp and clamp it tighter however it's still seems to be leaking and based on how common the leak was on the gen 1 and some gen 2 vehicles I was wondering if that might be culprit and if there's replacement instructions, a how-to or a video on this gen murano?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've seen a few threads on gen 1 murano for the high pressure power steering hose leaking and needing to be replaced.

I'm noticing a leak and pool on my driveway under the passenger side, seemingly coming from that line beside the AC compressor and belts. It's the metal line that has plastic clips to hold it to the frame i think.

I though I just had to replace the clamp and clamp it tighter however it's still seems to be leaking and based on how common the leak was on the gen 1 and some gen 2 vehicles I was wondering if that might be culprit and if there's replacement instructions, a how-to or a video on this gen murano?
If it's a line that has a steel spring clamp on it then it's a low pressure hose. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. If so, post a picture or two of the hose where it's leaking.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a line that has a steel spring clamp on it then it's a low pressure hose. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. If so, post a picture or two of the hose where it's leaking.
No that makes sense.

I realized that as I was watching some youtube videos where the line replaced was a different one. Yes and it looks like it's a $3 fitting along with a $4 piece of hose.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
If you are talking about an oil leak below the fan belt, right where the PSF hard line sits, it could also be coming from the oil cooler on the left behind the oil filter.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are talking about an oil leak below the fan belt, right where the PSF hard line sits, it could also be coming from the oil cooler on the left behind the oil filter.
Yeah I've replaced the oil cooler seal/gasket behind the oil filter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had to repair my P/S line near that area also. The hard line had deteriorated pretty badly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts