Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the group and I'm glad to see there's an owners site already for this vehicle. I test drove one over the weekend and really did like it. My current car is an 2001 Acura CL TypeS so this is a day to night change for me. Although I'll miss what the CL offers from a car in that class, my driving habits are changing to something more toward what the Murano offers. I like the looks better than the MDX and the price is right.

So after the test drive, I wanted to know what the dealer could do as far as a lease. I tend to change cars ever 2-3 years and keep the mileage low so a lease sounded right. I wanted an SE loaded, all packages. His offer was $2600 down and that's with everything, tax, title, reg and fees @ $544 a month for 43 months. Sounded steep. What do you think? BTW - I'm in CT.

-N

·
Registered
82 Posts
well, at 544/month it came to 23k and some change so i don't know. i don't lease cuz i'm a heavy driver. i don't know if that is steep or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lease comparison

Well if this helps....
I had a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sticker, $37500. Put $2500 down, including tax, fees, etc on a 36 month lease. Payment was $504.
So, your Murano Quote sounds a little high, but Jeep Chrysler was already "dealing" on Jeeps, even though new at the time and had favorable interest rates.

I'd work him a little harder to see what happens. Like go to 36 months. Ask him to wave security deposit and dispostion fee. Or ask him to put security deposit IN your downpayment. This makes it work for YOU instead of them keeping your money for 3+ years. It'll make your payment go down.

Nissan did all that for my Maxima.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can't compare American vehicle leasing with Japanese or German leases. American cars are heavily subsidized whereas the Japanese and German automakers rarely subsidize their leases. Again, the quote for the Murano seems reasonable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Taylormade said:
You can't compare American vehicle leasing with Japanese or German leases. American cars are heavily subsidized whereas the Japanese and German automakers rarely subsidize their leases. Again, the quote for the Murano seems reasonable.
I Just leased a Murano here in Michigan with 3k down it came to 491.00 a month. Thats with 15k a year in mileage, sounded ok to me. It seems imports are more expensive to lease than american cars. I currently have a Ford sport trac 4x4 every option a 33,000 ute, with 3k down on that and 12k a year im mileage it comes to 398.00 a month. I am so geeked I pick mine up on Wednesday loaded SL every option except VDC and Navigation. :twisted:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lease

Well i am picking mine up in Rhode Island friday and my lease payment is 479.00 per with no money down and 15000 miles that is a loaded Sl that listed for 35.000

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lease

The lease is for 39 months and they are leasing through Nissan.
Other prices i got were mostly 535.00 per without taxes this was 479.00 with taxes included so it can be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Taxes

Before taxes mine came to 460.00-487.00 including taxes but thats with 3,500 dp on the car. a loaded Sl tops out at 38,000+ but still ya got a sweeter deal than I did. Allthough you live on the Island, I myself live in the motor city. We can get sweet deals on Fords or GM but the imports charge ya up the @$$ here........ :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Taxes

has anyone gone through an auto broker for their murano or for any car they have leased/purchased? what did you like about it and what did you not like about it? any feedback would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
$2K down... $440 a Month.. Taking in 01 Pathfinder 2 months early, ($439 Month) and free oil changes for life of lease... 8)

THATS A DEAL...

Took me 6 hours.. but drove it home today.. :)

Charlie :lol:
SL AWD, Deep Bordeaux everything except Navi...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the SL fully loaded except nav/awd with $3k down for $389 a month before taxes for 48 months, I think that a good deal :p $544 seems quite steep to me for only a couple more thousands...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I test drove one last weekend and got a quote for leasing -- 15K miles and 48 months -- for a Murano with an MSRP around 32K (SL, fwd, premium, sunroof, towing, plus floor mats, etc). Their price was around 31K and they had an additional $2K off (not sure if that was off their price or MSRP though) -- so the lease numbers were based on $29-30K. They quoted me $508/month with nothing down ($1326 due at signing). This sounds *really* high to me... this was a Northern Virginia dealer if that means anything. Please tell me I could get one for *much* less? (And judging from what people have wrote here, I should?) I want a Murano even more now that I drove it :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Central NJ and put $2500 down, which included tax, title, etc...$2500 total out of pocket. Monthlys are $399/month for 48 months for an SL AWD, fully-loaded with everything except navigation/leather. Sticker was $34k.

Mine was the 1st the dealer sold so he didn't have any pricing/leasing info to use as a guide. We negotiated for about 2 hours and I wouldn't budge off my offer. he finally agreed on my terms and off I drove with my Pewter Murano.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the residual value (as a percentage of purchase price) and interest rate that dealer financing is assigning to the M-o? For example, on a 2003 Chevy Tahoe, GMAC financing is assigning a 57% residual value with 6.5% interest on a 36-month lease.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts