Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what parts of the leather seats are real leather, and which are vinyl? I feel silly using leather conditioner on the entire seat ... there's a definite texture difference which leads me to believe that alot of the seat cover sections are NOT leather (or not?).

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think just the top of the seats i.e. the seating surface, the shift knob, and steering wheel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good Grief

Reading these posts leads me to asking the obvious again...why did they even bother to put leather in the MO (other than for marketing reasons)? Seems like only the part you sit on is actually leather. That is just being cheap IMHO.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It is the same with most American cars just less obvious in the Nissan. My wife's yukon Xl has "leather seats" and you can really notice what parts are leather and what is vinyl. At least they tried to match the texture and color. GM just tried to get the colors close.

·
Registered
443 Posts
This isn't just Nissan. Very few cars have complete leather interior. Even some very expensive luxury cars (MB, BMW, Lexus) still use leather only on the seating surfaces. As I posted a while back, even my friend's 911turbo ('95) had full leather as an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts