Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the drivers seat in our caffe latte leather murano is showing some coloration from jeans and dark colored cloathing from entering and exiting the vehicle. i was wonder what stirctly leather cleaners you all are using?? thanks in advance

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Pristiene Clean

By Leaterique.

Does the job for me. No harse chemocals, Leaves the leater in good shape, removes the dirt stains etc.

Expensive but great IMO

·
Registered
29 Posts
GripperDon,

Following your advice (and many posts), I bought the Leatherique oil & clean combo and was impressed with the performance on our MO's leather. Thank you! (P.S. I hope you are getting some of their advertising budget)

Question: our steering wheel is showing signs of leather scaling (just bought '03 SE AWD a few weeks ago) - will repeated applications of the oil help remove the dry scaling bits? I have tried 4 or 5 coats thus far and each time the oil seems fully absorbed in those areas, but alas no change in appearance.

Thanks in advance,
JDB

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would recommend searching around on the Autopia car care forums. Those folks have the perfect cleaner and technique for everything and are quite helpful.

http://autopia.org/forum/

I personally have used Lexol cleaner with good results. It is a bit mild though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies guys,

grip- how many ounces to you suggest i buy, they have wicked specials on now 16 oz bot the rejuvinator oil and the cleaner for 35 bucks 32 oz for 55 dollars.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I would go for just the 16oz

I wish I had some information re the steering wheel unfortunately I don't. You might call themm they are very helpfull on the phone.

·
Registered
982 Posts
jdb06 said:
GripperDon,

Following your advice (and many posts), I bought the Leatherique oil & clean combo and was impressed with the performance on our MO's leather. Thank you! (P.S. I hope you are getting some of their advertising budget)

Question: our steering wheel is showing signs of leather scaling (just bought '03 SE AWD a few weeks ago) - will repeated applications of the oil help remove the dry scaling bits? I have tried 4 or 5 coats thus far and each time the oil seems fully absorbed in those areas, but alas no change in appearance.

Thanks in advance,
JDB

jdb06

I bought it recently on Gripper Don's recomendation... I bought the two 16 oz bottle special, months ago, and still have about 3/4's of the bottle left. I don't think you will need more then that. Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again guys. off to spend some money.:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mixed signals -

My question was a little different . . . just wondering whether repeated applications of the rejuvenating oil will remove / fix minor dry scaling sections of the steering wheel, or whether it will be a waste of time and oil (i.e. once the dry scaling bits are there, is it permanent..??..)

Thanks again,
JDB

·
V.I.P Member
149 Posts
Lexol cleaner 1st, followed up by their conditioner. It really work wonders.:18:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts