Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get a shadow appearing on my arm rest and my middle console(where I rest my arms). I have been using a leather cleaner from Mcguire's but it seems to be losing the battle. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to reverse this before it gets bad?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mothers has one of the stronger cleaners out there for finished leather -- their separate Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner products are very good.

But the first you probably want to establish if you're cleaning leather or if the coloring is wearing through... If when using the cleaner on a white cloth, does it look like dirt or does it look like the color of the finish?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Wow a recommindation I can endorse.

:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Jim D. to answer your question I don't think the color is wearing through as much as I think that my bare arm and clothes are beginning to discolor the leather. SGPMO or GipperDon do you have any Pics of your interiors using the Leatherique products.

Thanks,
Tim

·
5,100 Posts
Everything in my MO's always looked NEW!

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Clean leather

Yes, I do! I use products from Griots Garage (www.griotsgarage.com). If you clean your armrest with "Interior cleaner", then use "Leather Care", you will be amazed at the results.
Griots products are not cheap, but either was your MO. You will be glad you used them!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't believe that the arm rests and middle console are leather. Only the seating surfaces are leather. So, this probably opens up many other cleaners that you could use.

Andy

·
Registered
276 Posts
My favorite leather cleaner/preserver was recommended to me by a saddle maker.

http://www.lexol.com/auto.html

This product has kept my Cruiser seats soft and supple for over 5 years. Many people have had the color wear off of their seats (DreamCruisers are color coordinated). Mine has stayed bright and shiny and "well fed" the entire time I have had it.

·
5,100 Posts
Leatherique

:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: Leatherique

GripperDon said:
I looked at their before and after pictures. The before pictures were 40+ year old seats. The after pictures were brand new leather seats.

How well does the conditioner work?

I sort of trust leather seats to people who have been doing leather for years -- SADDLE MAKERS.

·
5,100 Posts
I never use anything else. Tried them all.

What more can I say I love the Pristine clean also. I never waver or vary. It's the one for me. Hey that does not mean the other stuff is cra* Just IMHO this is the best.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've the same experience as Gripper. So far this is the best compare to other commercially available conditioners that I've used. :)

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
341 Posts
I saved this thread last year, but never ordered any product.

Hopefully the weather will allow some detailing soon (although possible snow flurries tonight???), so I'm ready to place an order. How long will the 16 oz bottles last? Is that enough to last a while for one car? Rejuvinator Oil and Prestine Clean are the way to go?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts