Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Pewter 04 SL all options except chrome wheels and DVD. This is an awesome site and was very helpful in my selection process..

My question is about the leather. I haven't seen any posts concerning the quality or issues so I'd like to ask:

1) Seats are pretty firm.. So they "soften" up in time?

2) Anyone have any type of wear problems (cracking, tears, etc...) with the leather..

Thanks in advance!!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
No wear problems hear, just two depressions where my butt is planted in the seats, i guess?!?! Nothing big. These seats are great compared to the ones in my 02 Mustang GT. After 12000 miles they looked like crap.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The leather quality seems fine to me, although it is not that soft compared to other leather interiors I've seen. The drivers seat boaster on the side closest to the door has a few creases on it from getting in and out of the car. It has appeared sooner than on other leather seats I've sat in, but I'm guessing its due to the higher step in height on the Murano.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My driver's seat already has butt impressions and some creases at 6k miles. Might be due to heated seats but kinda weird it would do that. My girl's honda crv has no creases whatsoever and she's had it since 2000.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!!

You comments have been a definate help...

·
Registered
545 Posts
My experience: ass size and relative ass density go a long way into the softening process of the firm, "butt" comforatble leather seating arrangements.

In other words, the fatter the ass, most likely the softer the seat may feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts