Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
test drove 2 muranos, one had heated leather and the whole shebang, the other was a simple unoptioned model.

I found the cloth seats instantly super-comfy, while the driver's seat in the leather was just a little different - almost but not quite uncomfortable. perhaps because I simply didn't bother with trying to find optimum settings on the height and lumbar and whatnot.

My girlfriend, however, instantly fell in love with the heated leather, and said her seat was comfortable (though I don't know which she liked better)

I'm going to (hopefully) actually buy one tonight, so why go with one over the other?

(if I get the leather, I'm getting *everything* else too, well maybe not the Nav - if I get the cloth one it'll be a simpler one with just XM added. ...the monthly payment difference between the two is going to be maybe 60 bucks, which is why I'm considering the loaded one.)

argh!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Leather vs. Cloth

Jammadave - I tried both the leather and the cloth, I thought the leather was fairly high quality, unfortunately the leather came with some other options that drove the Murano up to a price that I was not comfortable with. That said, I obviously went with the cloth and am very very pleased. The cloth seems to be high quality, almost suede like in appearance and very comfortable. The only thing I plan on doing is putting some 303 High tech fabric guard on it to protect it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I bought my MO I looked at two Super Black ones. One had the leather interior with all options except the NAV and the other had the cloth, with almost no options. Proce for me wasn't the issue. The leather was just more appealing to me. I hated the design on the cloth seats. I thought it looked ugly. Plus I never had leather seats before so I wanted to try it for myself.

I can honestly say the leather is comfortable for me, and the heated seats were a godsend this year as temperatures here were exceptionally cold most of the winter. There was nothing like driving to work in the morning with a warm butt!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
to leather or not...

Jammadave-

I also bought the cloth mainly becaause when i start to shop for this car, i decided not going to spend more than 30K on my MO.

Yes, it is true that if you get leather, you willl also get the premium package and also some other 'shebang' accesories. IF $60 is no biggy to you, than you should do it. If I were you, i will get the leather if only i am planning to keep this car for more than 4 yrs. It will be worth it. But if you arew planning to sell it in a year or 2, maybe cloth is better investment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've got the cloth with the heating option. If we didn't have so many animals (6 of them) with claws in our family, I would have went with the leather. I've always liked the smell, feel and look of the leather, as well as the easy clean up of spills on leather. On the other hand, those claws and punctures don't lend themselves to leather.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get cloth with heat? Can you here in the US?

I too am thinking in terms of spill cleanup for that rare occasion when we're driving my girlfriend's 2-y.o. nephew in the back, as well as the "hair" scenario if we ever get a (singular) four-legged friend. Claws may slash an unsuspecting seat from time to time, but I'd hate to think of all the hair all over the seat =0)

Well, as per usual each possibility has its advantages and detractions... crap! At least I've decided on what car I want, which was nigh on impossible until I testdrove a Mo. =0)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey jammadave, if the $60 is not too much of a strain on
your pocket-book, get the whole"shebang".
:22:

Life is too short man, go for broke! :runaway:
With this fine automobile..........U WON'T REGRETT IT!

·
4,664 Posts
I've always got leather, and always loved it. I looked at the leather on a black Murano and it looked too plain for me, somehow I didn't like it as much visually. I looked at the cloth (both interiors the "charcoal") and was instantly hooked. It really did have a suede look to me as well and I love the pattern on the seats.

I've got the heated seats, too, and there's no way I'd be without them if you live somewhere that get's cold in the winter. It's even nice on fair days, if my back is bugging me a bit. Feels sooooo good.

So to me, it's a toss up. Get what you like. The one advantage of the leather, is the Nissan cloth seats like to remind you of how much electricity they can charge you with. I constantly get zapped by my Murano, getting out. The leather will zap your wallet instead, but once you're driving, you won't care, you'll be looking at gas prices instead, if you're sensitive to cost.

My next Murano, will probably have most of the toys. My perfect MO would have it all, except the SE snowflake wheels. I really like the 5 spokers better.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Wow cloth with heat! I didn't know that was available.

I have the leather seats and have found the drivers seat to be slightly softer in cushioning than the passenger side seat. Now, it is possible its because the drivers seat is always occupied, and I don't drive passengers that often. Needless to say, I like the quality of the leather surfaces on the seats (the vinyl on the side boasters are fine too).

I had a 97 Maxima with cloth seats and they were great too. So I would have no reservations between leather and cloth. I wanted VDC, which is why I also got the leather seats.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I had to have leather. I don't like the staic with cloth seats and leather is actually very durable.

Jaak - I agree with you on the wheels. I just wish I would have got the chrome.

·
4,664 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
I had to have leather. I don't like the staic with cloth seats and leather is actually very durable.

Jaak - I agree with you on the wheels. I just wish I would have got the chrome.
Yeah, definately chrome.... Even talked about it with the other half and she agreed. I'd have it done, if I wasn't so cheap!:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I see most of the 'pro-leather' responses came from cooler latitudes. Believe me, in the Southwest, you really have to think hard on how much you like leather. I have black leather seats in my black (not the MO) SUV, and it can be a painful experience. We chose cloth for the MO for this reason, and have yet to experience burns from hot seats.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
(respond to above post) same argument apply to cold climates....

if you get leather but no heated seat (winter package) then during winter, leather will get very cold, u have to bite your lips when you siit on it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Even with heated seats sitting on cold leather bites. They take some time to warm up when its below 0. :eek:

Cold cloth isn't much fun either. About the only cold thing that is fun is cold beer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmm..................cold beer.
:7:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts