• Leather

Votes: 172 70.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leather for long life and clean-ability.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Leather. With a 3 and 1 year old it cleans up so much easier!!! Plus I just like it better.:cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I wanted cloth...

Leather is cold in the winter, hot in the summer (no "cooled seats" option in the MO... heheh), and most importantly, too easy to damage. If I get in with wet or muddy clothes after skiing, at least I know I can ScotchGuard my cloth seats, and if worse comes to worse -- steam clean them.

I'm disappointed in the fact that with most manufacturers, Nissan included, you can only get the "best" options with leather. I would have loved the seat memory feature.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I had no opinion on either but I had to have VDC, which required the purchase of the leather option package.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Had to go with leather for easy cleanup. Auto leather is so durable compared to 'nice' home leather. A little leather cleaner and conditioner and life is good. Oh yeah - and durable.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ditto - leather for looks and ease of clean up. Trying getting dog hair out of cloth seats. Impossible. It works its way in like porcupine quills and you never get all of it out. Besides, leather is also more hygenic. I know that after using cleaner and conditioner, the leather is clean. Cloth is too permeable to get clean all the way.

·
4,664 Posts
Had leather for years, and I love it... The cloth got me on the Murano, though... I like the door panels, it looks like suede and I also like the pattern on the cloth.

I'll be back to leather on the next one though. I do miss it...:drool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cloth; not just any cloth, MO cloth. But leather is nice too.

Leather:
Slips and slides like a wet banana in the corners, just make sure your hangin'on.
Stretches, cracks, and wrinkles.
Cold in the winter and butt sticky sweaty in the heat.
But it does feel oh so good
:31:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dogs and lumber, had to go with the cloth, though I agree the memory seats would have been nice. At 30k still looks like I just drove it off the lot. Great quality "micro suede" looking cloth, I must say.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I choose cloth because:

- i dont want the comvinience package, hence no heated seat. Leather with no heated seat, freezing butt in winter.

- nissan cloth does not look too bad either.

- i clean it using this:

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I must say I am surprised, but it seems to me the folks that pick Cloth do it mainly ,but not only , as they feel the Leather shows wear and tear worse than Cloth Am I getting this correct? Grip :D

·
4,664 Posts
That's not why I picked it... I thought the cloth truly looked better in the Murano.

The Murano's interior is fairly plain with nice simple lines. Plain in a good way... I love the fact that it until recently on some models, does not have woodgrain. But when I got into the leather, I noticed there was no patterning on it, it was very plain. Too plain for my liking, especially in the charcoal.

Now I'm sure I would have gotten used to it, as I love leather, but first impressions, the cloth, with it's nice suede look on the doors and the little squares on the seat, looked really sharp, so I was sold...

Having driven both, I can honestly say, either would be fine. And since I wear a leather coat, having the grip on me from the cloth, is good.... Especially in the corners, when my knee is bracing me against the door and all the stuff in the back is rolling over itself from one side to the other and the wheels are lifting off the ground on one side....

·
Registered
792 Posts
I know this is a silly question - but regarding the cold...

If it is 20* outside and your car sits for an extended period of time - let's say 8 hours overnight - isn't everything going to be 20* regardless of what it is made of? It can't get any colder or warmer, right?

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jaak

"having a "grip" on me from the cloth" a pun! and a naturally occuring one at that, WOW1maybe you aren't as bad as everyone say's. A punster WOW Rememberthe guy sitting by the copy machine the "Punster?" :2: :18:

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GMTURBO43

" It can't get any colder or warmer, right?"

Correct O! You are right about the equal temperature.

Heat transfer is the key to how one thing feels colder or hotter than the other when at the same temperature.

1. The temperature has to be different from the skin, typically 87.5 on the surface, still air.

2. Our nerve ending "report" to the brain if they sense the local surface skin cells expanding or contracting, (blood flowing into or out of). Heat flow in to expand. Heat flow out for contracting.

3. We (our brains) interpret this nerve info as hot or cold.

4. After a little time the skin surface tends to equalize with the surroundings and the "sensation" of hot or cold reduces or quits. This is why the shower is hot when we first get in and OK later even thought we have not changed the temperature of the water no has the water heater run out of hotter water.

THEREFOR the Leather with it's superior heat transfer capability over cloth, better contact, less air on surface, higher density etc. make you decide they "FEEL" colder or hotter to the touch than cloth.

GEE aren't you glad you asked that question, all this blather you would have rather never heard. :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nope - just wanted to bring up that it is really colder. :)

Plus, with heated seats it doesn't matter.

It's kinda like people being concerned for there car with regards to windchill. Windchill has no effect on non-living things.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Best heated seats I ever had, just the right temperature. The MB is both too hot and on low, not enough. :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts