Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new '04 SL with the black leather. Any suggestions as to the best leather protectant product?

Someone recently told me never to use Armor All products; they contain alcohol which can actually dry out the leather.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I bought, PRESTINE CLEAN and REJUVENATOR OIL, from www.leatherique.com very nice people and product. GRIP :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '04 SE AWD with tan leather. I was also given advice to stay away from Armor All. What was recommended to me was Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes. I bought some and they have been the only product I have used. They work great and I like the convenience of the disposable wipes.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
leatherique is the best as Gripper says.
It's what I use.

BUT there is no evidence that the "best" is required.

The main thing is to use it at least once every 3 mos (for me).

Keep a sharp eye on the steering wheel and the Gear shift knob.
It's a lot easier to clean these if they are not dirty.:rolleyes:
And these are the things that get the dirtiest.

Homer

·
4,994 Posts
Thats statement is alMOst a slogan! GRIP :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lexol is highly regarded as the "best" readily available leather cleaner / conditioner. Used by many equestrians for their horse saddles. (you can actually find this stuff cheaper at your local ag shop).

The Meguiars and Zymol leather conditioners barely do anything. They tend to evaporate quickly and don't penetrate the leather as well as Lexol does.

Leatherique is good stuff, heard many good things about it. Personally I use Einzett leather cleaner / conditioner right now (only because its part of a gift pack). Its pretty good and don't need to apply it as much as the Meguiars stuff I used to use.

www.autopia.org is probably the best forum for detailing questions. Practically every product made has been tested and reviewed there.

Dave

·
4,994 Posts
I have Lexol also it is good but I like the Leatherique for our thinner MO leather. The Lexol is used on the MB SLK. GRIP :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Leather cleaning

I need the MO Collectives help. I have an 03 MO with Latte Leather interior. It seems the black leather belts I wear to work (not the ones my wife uses on me) have discolored the seat back of the driver's seat. I have tried a few standard leather cleaners (lexol and few brands from the auto parts store) to no avail. Is there anything out there that can remove the color transfer or am I stuck with a grey black section?

·
4,994 Posts
Try Leatherique's PRISTENE CLEAN It is actually a cleaner. ALSO go to their web site. Get the 800 phone number and call them I did, tell them your problem and They will be a great source of information, really nice people.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Factory leather look

I have a polished pewter MO with black (charcoal?) interrior. I was wondering if there is a leather treatment that does not make the leather shiny? I love the way the leather looks dull and soft just like it came from the factory. I've tried the McGuiers and I have to go back over it with a dry cloth to tame it. I also do the same with my dash using armorall. There is nothing more tacky looking in my opinion then sitting in a car with beatiful leather after some hippie has shined it all up and made it look all goddy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered Pristine Clean and the leather rejuvinizer. You are correct Gripper the people are very friendly and helpful. I will let you know how it works.

·
4,994 Posts
Thanks, be interested in your commentary.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Leatherique

I received my order of Leatherique's Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean this week. My first impression is they are a very good leather maintenace and cleaning combo. I followed the directions to clean the black stains off the driver's seat with no success. I think the Black dye has worn into the Leather and will have to be dyed or ignored. I do like the feel and texture of the leather after the complete treament. It definately softened it up and made the leather feel more glove like. I used the rejunenator and cleaner on my leather couches and it worked great. The couches look like they are brand new. I was suprised by the amount the instructions called for; 4oz per seat, seems like a lot, especially at $25 per 16oz bottle. Since it only needs to be done once or twice a year i guess it will be worth it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
145 Posts
cracks in vinyl side panels

As we all know the leather seats in our MO are not completely leather. The seating surfaces are but many of the side panels are not. I recently noticed that the vinyl side panel on my driver seat is starting to crack. Has anyone experienced this? I am going to call the dealer on Monday.

·
4,994 Posts
Have you been using anything on the vinyl, like armor-all.

·
Registered
747 Posts
rugiles

I purchased the Leatherique Cleaner and Rejuvenator as well to deal with a leather couch that is starting to crack etc... I have not used it yet but thought I remembered where they stated to cover the leather and place in a warm environment for hours. I may be mistaken- this could have been another product, but if it is the leatherique, how did you get past that issue on your couches??

·
Registered
145 Posts
to Gripper question. No I did not use armor all or any similar product because it is the side of the seat. This crack is on the lower side of the seat that faces the door. It is above the seat controls and about 2" to the rear. It follows a crease in the leather on the seating surface. I guess the vinyl is not a flexible as the leather.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Leatherique and couches

I applied the rejunenator liberally (hey, it is CA a "blue state") and let is soak in for a few hours. The plastic cover way was for areas where the weather was colder. I figured inside the house was warm enough. I treated the couches after the kids went to bed. When it looked like it was all soaked in I gave it another coat. After 30 min I wiped off any excess and followed the cleaner instuctions.

·
4,994 Posts
I asked about the Armorall as I had read that it can cause vinyl to crack. So I guess that is ruled out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts