Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my made in China LED Fog lights came, all 4 of them, and decided to install them tonight, gave myself plenty of time, patience, and beer, however very little of any of the 3 were needed, actually it took all of about 20 minutes and that was for both sides.... I will let the pictures tell the story

before

the only clip that needed removing, same for the other side......just the one clip was removed

you can just make out the bulb placement

old bulb and the new LED bulb

one done, the other to be done....

Finished....

All done

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know yet, have to go out in the dark to know, but my intention was to make the fog lights match the LED headlights so the amount of illumination is not really what I was after, for me it's for the look....

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice,
What kind of LED did you buy if you don't mind.
Your headlight look like they are halogen, has a yellowish color to it.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice,
What kind of LED did you buy if you don't mind.
Your headlight look like they are halogen, has a yellowish color to it.
Don't really know, my son ordered them for me, 5 bucks each... got 4 of them....I will find out, maybe put up a link...

Like I said it was for the look and not the functionality, I just didn't want the yellow of the halogen bulbs, and the white of the LED headlights....

here is another picture, you can see the headlights are not yellow...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't really know, my son ordered them for me, 5 bucks each... got 4 of them....I will find out, maybe put up a link...

Like I said it was for the look and not the functionality, I just didn't want the yellow of the halogen bulbs, and the white of the LED headlights....

Nice! Are you headlights stock ones? Or you changed them?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Nice - thanks for posting. Looking forward to you posting the link.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that are interested.....here is the Ebay listing

2X High Power LED Fog Light 60W H8 H11 White Samsung 2323 Driving Projector Bulb | eBay

I believe my son made an offer on 4 bulbs and offered 5 bucks for each and it went through, so give it a shot.....

I still don't know how they perform in the dark, have yet to drive at night, but it don't matter to me, it was to get the fogs to match the headlight in that they both be white....

·
Registered
78 Posts
For those that are interested.....here is the Ebay listing

2X High Power LED Fog Light 60W H8 H11 White Samsung 2323 Driving Projector Bulb | eBay

I believe my son made an offer on 4 bulbs and offered 5 bucks for each and it went through, so give it a shot.....

I still don't know how they perform in the dark, have yet to drive at night, but it don't matter to me, it was to get the fogs to match the headlight in that they both be white....

Thanks for the info !

Did you try those at night? Can you take a picture of it during the night?

I'm really disapointed with the LEDs I bought from Xenondepot, the output is so low...

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info !

Did you try those at night? Can you take a picture of it during the night?

I'm really disapointed with the LEDs I bought from Xenondepot, the output is so low...
Sorry for the really late reply....

The lights were cheap in price and that is what I was after, it was to make the fogs match the headlights in color, white.....

The output is dismal at best, not very good, and the stock bulbs gave way more output, but my goal was not illumination.....

if and when they burn out or fail, I will invest more into some better quality ones and replace these, but for now they are doing exactly what I wanted...

·
Registered
66 Posts
GateKeper, thanks so much for these instructions, which I just stumbled upon this week. I had been agonizing over what it might take to get at these lamps to replace them. I went so far as to download the '16 MO tech manual (which will of course serve other purposes) and the instructions there were far more Draconian than the simple procedure so well articulated in your description and photos. I'm not sure it even took 20 minutes to do both lamps, and my adult beverage was hardly touched in the process!

I installed a set of Boltlink H11 LED lamps. They certainly do a good job of matching the factory LED headlights, which, like you, was the look I was after (I had done the same with my 2G MO, using a set of Hoen H8 Xenonmatch lamps).

While actual performance is yet to be determined (I will report back later), the claims on the box include:
-- Original America CREE XBD illuminant, one chip can reach 136LM (the lamps are made in China)
-- Same light point with halogen lamp, but 5 times more luminance than halogen lamp
-- High refractive index optic lens, nice condensation, big beam angle, high transmission of light

Some of which sounds like malarkey, but we'll see. It was nicely packaged, so I'm sure it's OK. :)

I bought the product from Amazon: here's the link.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad it worked out for you. and my simple instructions made it easier for you and others I hope...

Just as an FYI, one of the LED bulbs has burnt out already, but 8 minutes latter a new one was put in, and both sides are working once again

Like I said the bulbs were cheap, it was the look I was after, and now I have one more spare for the next burn out....once I have no more, I will get my son to order up some better quality ones, read that as more than 4 bucks per bulb, perhaps those will last longer, and possibly be brighter and offer more light on the roadway instead of just looking white....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. and my simple instructions made it easier for you and others I hope...

Just as an FYI, one of the LED bulbs has burnt out already, but 8 minutes latter a new one was put in, and both sides are working once again

Like I said the bulbs were cheap, it was the look I was after, and now I have one more spare for the next burn out....once I have no more, I will get my son to order up some better quality ones, read that as more than 4 bucks per bulb, perhaps those will last longer, and possibly be brighter and offer more light on the roadway instead of just looking white....

I bought similar ones, 60w High Power LED Fog Light H8 H11 6000K White Samsung 2323 Driving Bulbs, and I hope they last longer than yours:).
I have lots of H11 bulbs, so replacement(hopefully never) will be with halogen 60w whites that I have from my Toyota Camry fog lights. They are close to the LEDs as they matched the HIDs I had in my Camry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GateKeper, thanks so much for these instructions! They were really helpfull, super fast installation. I installed SiriusLED Extremely Bright COB LED Chip 8000 Lumens 6000K Xenon White from Amazon and they illuminate really good, and a pretty good match in LED from the headlights.

Here are some pictures of the fog light on/off so you guys can appreciate the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
I tried the same ones, but fog light are not supposed to help you see further, they only illuminate right in front of the car, and since the car is so high, you can barely notice the difference if you are inside the car. One thing you will noticed while driving is that the fog light seems to illuminate the side ( to the left and right ) of the car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts