Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the guide. Just installed them this weekend with LED yellow fog lights. In the picture showing both lights, the original halogen is on the driver's side (right). It's more noticeable in person than in the picture.

Calais Extremely Bright COB Chips H11 30W LED Fog Light Bulbs Plug-n-Play(pack of 2)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
@GateKeper

Just ordered some LED Fog Light Bulb replacement.

While waiting for shipping to arrive, tried to look at your tutorial but pictures are not publicly visible anymore (Thanks Photobucket ...), can you add them directly here for me and others?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are the ones from Xenondepot that I bought. Has great illumination for fog housing but for headlights (if replacing the stock halogens) has no distance. Great white color too!
You say you are disappointed with the LED replacement bulbs from Xenon. I live in a rural area and would like to upgrade the stock halogen on the Murano SL. Is there an alternate LED you would recommend or would others suggest the Xenon HID kit is a better choice?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You say you are disappointed with the LED replacement bulbs from Xenon. I live in a rural area and would like to upgrade the stock halogen on the Murano SL. Is there an alternate LED you would recommend or would others suggest the Xenon HID kit is a better choice?
If you're looking for headlight LEDs or HIDs, it's good it to spend the extra money - you get what you pay for. Diode Dynamics products are worth it, I've used a variety of their bulbs in different vehicles. I tried something a little different this time around and have a set of Headlight Revolution Supernova V.3's in as fogs right now that I'm pretty happy with too.

Overall, LEDs will be a slightly simpler install - no need for ballasts. Check the measured light outputs (DD is pretty good about listing theirs realistically) and pick what works best.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the install instructions. Much easier than jacking up the car and taking off the bumper

Here's a pic of my 2017 Murano SV with the halogen low beams and fogs both replaced with the Hikari LED set from amazon "HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9),9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty

I can't currently share links, or share pic actually

Low beams took about 5mins each to install, and the fogs roughly 15min each. I was just super careful because I am scared of messing things up, being a novice.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the install instructions. Much easier than jacking up the car and taking off the bumper

Here's a pic of my 2017 Murano SV with the halogen low beams and fogs both replaced with the Hikari LED set from amazon "HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9),9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty

I can't currently share links, or share pic actually

Low beams took about 5mins each to install, and the fogs roughly 15min each. I was just super careful because I am scared of messing things up, being a novice.
Looks good.

I just bought these HIKARI, will get them tomorrow and see how they look. I want to adjust my headlights UP and DOWN, but still don't know how to do that. I believe mine came from the factory too low.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would also like to add my thanks for posting this. We recently picked up a 2018 Platinum and I've always always ALWAYS had a pet peeve about nice bright white headlights and then putting weak dopey yellow halogens in the fogs. (I see the new Muranos come with LED fog lights now... grrr!)

So this weekend I'll be putting in a set of white LED bulbs I picked up and this little tutorial was extremely nice to find, so thanks again!

·
Registered
756 Posts
If you do figure out how to adjust up and down, let us know because I've always felt mine were too low too and wanted to move it up just a pinch.
The factory fogs should have an adjustment screw on the back.
I got Aftermarket Morimoto xB fogs that are very bright with a great light pattern, but they have no adjustment screw.
I put a shim behind my LED fog light mounting bracket to angle it up so cut off was raised slightly.
These are just standard electrical box spacers that I crushed a little in the shop vice to make them about 2mm thick.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts