Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have talked about LED lights to replace the bulbs but I just found this place. Prices are not too bad either.

LED Lights

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Problem is that it seems the bulbs are not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs. They look cool, but I would not trade cool for safety.

Maybe these would work well in the parking light in the headlight. Its very dim to begin with anyways.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
There was a post created a while ago regarding these and the website owner of the site in that thread said that the bulbs for the murano (they were multidirectional LEDs) would be out in a month. I asked them to notify me and they never did. Also, it seemed to be the general concensus that it is not too safe because the light housings are not designed for LEDs and therefore do not reflect too brightly. I'd love to get LEDs as I like the safety aspect and the brightness, however I want it to look and function correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone use LEDs for the lights inside the MO?

Can u even change the color of the dash and stereo from orange to let's say blue just by changing the lights?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have LED tail lights in my Murano. I first tried multi-directional LED bulbs first, but they were very ineffective.

I ended up buying 200 indivudial superbright LED's, disecting 2 new tail light assemblies, drilling 200 indivudial holes (pointing straight back) for the led's in the bulb reflector, installing and soldering the connections. It took me 2 weeks to do them. I wouldn't do it again. Heaven forbid I should have an accident and need to replace one...

I'll try to take pictures that show the result. They are as bright as factory bulbs, but it was a huge, expensive project...

I wired the "bright" circuit to the whole assy with the trailer light circuit so the brake and signal light share the bright function. The entire housing illuminates with the brakes and signals...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Awesome. Pictures are a must! :29:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
cool cool...now show us the backside of yo ride! ;)

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, that's what it takes...

My Murano's a lease, so I won't be doing that, but I did do the lights in my Hot Tub... It's nice not ever changing bulbs...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Did you drill holes in your light cases as stated above or did you just use the bulbs. Can you post a pic too?
Thanks!

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
Sorry ...I have no pic. I just used the bulbs....

Kinda off topic...Who knows the part# for the front Turn Signal. Also how to replace them? Those two are the only only *exterior bulbs i have that aren't HID or LED.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here you go Box, from Sylvania's website

2004 NISSAN Murano

High & low beam headlamp (Models with HID)
HID-D2S

High & low beam headlamp (Non HID models)
9007ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade: The Look of HID: Whitest, Brightest
9007XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9007CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal
9007LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts 3x longer

Parking light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light
%COM

Fog/Driving light
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade: The Look of HID: Whitest, Brightest
9006XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal
9006LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts one and a half times longer

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3175

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Matt I was just looking at my tail lights last night thinking about doing something similar. How much did you pay for a new pair of tail light assemblies? where did you purchase em? straight from dealer?how much did the whole project end up costing ya?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Box your right...you know I never even noticed that. well thats strange. I'll try and watch for it and if I find it I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Matt, I'm dying to see pics of your led tail lights. you gotta post some pics man. pleeeez.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey, sorry I have been so busy. I completely forgot I was going to take pics of them. I am working 2 jobs and have been a little airy. I will get it done and post it as soon as I get a chance. I have left my cam at home today or I would go take em now.. Ugh!

·
Registered
275 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Hey Matt I was just looking at my tail lights last night thinking about doing something similar. How much did you pay for a new pair of tail light assemblies? where did you purchase em? straight from dealer?how much did the whole project end up costing ya?
It has been a year or so since I bought the assemblies. I want to say I got them for about $150-$175 per side. It is tough getting them apart withought messing them up. I used an old solder iron to melt a groove through the back side of the housing. I used the same tool to make the holes in the reflector. It just happened to be the same size as the LEDs. I think I may buy a new set and re-do them again. Maybe sell my current ones to help off-set the cost. I have to admit I am a bit obsessed with it all and I am VERY picky. I think I will use a PC board in front of the reflector this time. It will be easier to get the LEDs all pointing the same direction...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts