Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From your experience, what is the best choice between Xenon and LED aftermarket replacement bulbs for markers, etc...

Compared with stock bulbs, what is the gain in output, aesthetic, etc...?

Thanks!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
SIm, xenon sidemarkers bulb? isnt it overkill?

What you mean is the gas inside the bulb is xenon filled right?
Are you referring to those clear glass sidemarker maybe?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello SugarRush,

Well, they have the xenon filled bulbs in clear and red as well (7443). I only found the matching red 7440 from one place. 7440 bulbs are usually amber except our "el cheapo" rear flashers are in a red section as well.

Just wondering what will give the best result while keeping the same lens, LED or xenon filled bulbs (supposedly 50% brighter than stock).

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
438 Posts
LEDs designed to plug into an incandescent bulb socket won't give you the look you want. (Which I assume is the look of recent Cadillacs, Infinitis etc). These cars use an array of LEDs that fill the entire lens. A single LED in a bulb socket will look anemic since it won't relfect off the back of the assembly like the incandescent bulb it replaces.

Colored bulbs behind a colored lens make no sense since you're just decreasing the light output of the system further. If the lens is red, a red bulb behind it will just look dimmer.

Colored corners behind cleared out lenses would work, if that's the look you're going for. Though, it's not really in keeping with the looks of the Murano IMO.

True Xenon HID bulbs and ballasts, while theoretically possible, would be a problem for lights that are intermittently used (brakes, turn signals) since these bulbs are not designed to flash. You could, I suppose, wire them up in the brake lights and parking lights. This would require some fabrication to make work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The LED ones would give you a better diffrence in light. I installed the LEDs for my front parking lamps... Here is the link to the ones I bought:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR
I bought the: WLED-6 LED bulb in white color

The LEDs are really not effective enough as a "bulb replacement" for more than a parking or marker lamp (low wattage/output).

The XENON that you have the link to is just a fancy "colored" incandesent bulb like the Murano already uses.

HID (what you may be thinking the XENONs are) will not really apply to automotive lighting other than main beams (headlights).

XENON=A gas that is used in lamp applications (similar to halogen gas, but used in filament or HID type bulbs)

HID=High Intensity Discharge-A bulb that uses an arc of electricity to create light instead of a filakment (HID primariarly uses XENON gas in the bulb). The gas does not create the color, the light source does. The HID light source is close to the same color temperature and anatomy as a bolt of lightning.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Any last up dates for parking lights before I buy the super brights, Would want to be sure they fit the same connector and want the brightest I can buy, Thanks Grip :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts