Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sharlin said:

Uh, that won't work. These same guys could not come up with the numbers for the iPod interface. They spent quite a bit of time and came up with nothing.

more research to do!
Uhhhhhh......Find a new dealer. My local dealer found me the info with no problem.

It is actually called a:

Tail Lamp Combination Monitor
Part No.: 26760CC20A
Price: $172.12

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
My dealerfound it with the above part number.... nobody has it in stock locally... it could be weeks before getting it.

Biggun, what did you do to get the fogs to work with parking?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I didn't have fogs in the S model to begin with, so I purchased a kit with wire harness and connected the switch wire to park wire near headlight assembly. All wiring was done in engine compartment, with no firewall penetration.

But that is a different post. Do a search for Fog upgrade.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yes, but you can add a switch in between to allow it to turn on/off as desired. I may do this at a later date since the kit came with a nice oem looking switch as well.

PS

GONZO, BTW - dO you own a black mustang? I saw one on 93 north with the plate "GONZO" or "GONZO2" on it. Can't remember exactly which one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To Protonz

I am nearing my quest to built the box for the LED upgrade. Can you advise on page 14 of your manual what types of descriptions are the Diodes D1-D7? and also the transistor BJT and NPN.

many thanks!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are all 2006 models equipped with LED?

Help please....I bought two tail light assemblies off eBay from a seller claiming they were from a 2006. I did not have time to verify if they were LED, nor could I tell from the pictures. After receiving them I was disappointed to find they were incandescent, which I already have on my 03. The seller now claims the dealer told him some 2006's were made with LED while others were incandescent. Can anyone assist in verifying this? Does anyone have an 06 with incandescent? Thanks and cheers!:)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Are all 2006 models equipped with LED?

MO in TO said:
Help please....I bought two tail light assemblies off eBay from a seller claiming they were from a 2006. I did not have time to verify if they were LED, nor could I tell from the pictures. After receiving them I was disappointed to find they were incandescent, which I already have on my 03. The seller now claims the dealer told him some 2006's were made with LED while others were incandescent. Can anyone assist in verifying this? Does anyone have an 06 with incandescent? Thanks and cheers!:)
Not sure about Canadian models, but all US 06 models have rear LEDs.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
all canadian models are as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Orange Flashers?

WarrenLong said:
One of the things I was dissapointed in was the red rear flashers on the Murano. My Pathfinder had orange ones. All vehicles in Europe have orange ones. I don't quite understand why red ones are allowed here in Canada and the US because the orange ones are so much more obvious when they are in use: no question about whether the vehicle in front is braking with a burnt-out bulb, or has 4-ways on or ???

Has anyone looked into retrofitting orange flashers? I have attached an image I found.

Warren
Attached below is the arse end of my Aussie Murano, which also has orange turn indicators.

Our version though is tinted so it seems to blend in a bit more.

What do you guys reckon?

A

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks Z, E and N. I appreciate the quick feedback and I shall challenge this seller.:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
MO in TO said:
Thanks Z, E and N. I appreciate the quick feedback and I shall challenge this seller.:)
Mo in To, can you post the ebay pict on this site? We should be able to tell you if the picture shows a LED version or not.

·
Registered
180 Posts
biggun said:

Mo in To, can you post the ebay pict on this site? We should be able to tell you if the picture shows a LED version or not.
In hindsight, it's not the pictures that were false, although I did not notice and could not tell for sure by looking at non-illuminated housings. Now I can tell the difference. I went by the model year and had assumed they had to be LED.

The two separate listings (left and right) were both worded exactly as follows:

THIS AUCTION IS FOR A USED 2006 NISSAN MURANO, PASSENGER SIDE TAIL LIGHT. THIS LIGHT IS IN GREAT CONDITION! THANKS FOR LOOKING, HAPPY BIDDING

This is what the seller said after I received incandescent housings and I contacted him/her and asked to return them (allowing an out by commenting it was likely an honest mistake)..........

"Hi there,
I just read your email and in shock, because the tail lights came off of 2006 Murano. I do give correct information on my listings, before I listed I verified with a dealership, they said they have with LED's 2006 and without LED's 2006 Murano. The LED lights do look different, and I think you should have notice it or should ask." That ticked me off:3:

I will place a call with Nissan USA to re-confirm what has already already been confirmed here for proof positive, then I will pursue this with a dispute claim through PayPal. Thanks for the input gents.:)

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Caveat emptor is never more appropriate then when dealing with eBay.

-njjoe

·
Registered
443 Posts
The dealer could have Muranos on their lot in 2006 with LEDs and some without... because they had some leftover 2005s. Never one to put much faith in the honesty of a dealer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Halo said:
The dealer could have Muranos on their lot in 2006 with LEDs and some without... because they had some leftover 2005s. Never one to put much faith in the honesty of a dealer.
This is what I was concerned about Halo, so I called Autotech Nissan in New York State on the suggestion of Nissan USA and their parts department confirmed that there were no 2006 model year Muranos that were sold without the LED tails. It was not up to the dealer, it had to come from the manufacturing source so dealer honesty should not come into play unless someone purposely swapped some out. Sorry to hijack this excellent thread, once again thanks.;)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Ebay will I believe, mediate any disputes that involve misrepresentation of items sold - I would try to go through their complaint dept to see what happens. If you paid via credit card through paypal, you have yet another recourse - although you will have to send the lights back to get a refund. Might be less costly to just relist them as 05 lights and sell them on ebay again.

101 - 120 of 198 Posts