Nissan Murano Forum banner

121 - 140 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
hmm

so i bought the LEDs, and I am not electrically skilled, nor do I have too much spare time to spend on these, but can anyone tell me how I can get the things I need in order to plug the LED tails into the existing 03-05 harness? I need some assistance PLEASE... i really want to keep the LEDs.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Re: hmm

darrick04 said:
so i bought the LEDs, and I am not electrically skilled, nor do I have too much spare time to spend on these, but can anyone tell me how I can get the things I need in order to plug the LED tails into the existing 03-05 harness? I need some assistance PLEASE... i really want to keep the LEDs.
Darrick,

The step by step instructions found earlier in this thread provide all the information you need.

Perhaps you could print the installation instructions and drop your car off at a mechanic.

Seriously, if you don't feel confident enough (or have the time) to tackle this project yourself, hire someone.

Good Luck.
(welcome to the boards, by the way)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
darrick04,

Your other option is to further investigate using the 06 OEM converter for your setup. Protonz did his mod before the 2006 Mo manual was out. I thought it was mentioned that the 06 has a converter Nissan added that does the same thing that his mod does. You will need to further investigate the part number. If it is not available in the Mo, the FX may also have a OEM plug-and-play type converter.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I reviewed all the threats and I didn't see threads as to exactly what I have going on. I installed the light side only to make sure it works. I got it to work correctly except when I have the hazards or the turn signal on they were fine, but when I turn on the headlights they stop working. Any suggestions PLEASE? I'm almost there. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
So there is a part that you can buy that will essentially make the 06 lights plug and play? If so, where are they available and how long would it take to ge them? I need to know, before I end up relisting these on ebay so that I don't have to deal with the hassle

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
darrick04 said:
So there is a part that you can buy that will essentially make the 06 lights plug and play? If so, where are they available and how long would it take to ge them? I need to know, before I end up relisting these on ebay so that I don't have to deal with the hassle
Again, you will need to further investigate. That means, go to your dealer, tell him that you are looking for a signal converter for the tail lights. He wil probably tell you that the "signal converter" is not listed under parts. Insist that he bring up the picture diagram of the taillight system so you can point the part out to him. And hopefully, he will and it will be there - in line with the wiring harness.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
so can anyone help me in regards to my previous posting? I got the lights to work with the convertor that I created but as soon as I turn on the headlights the turn signals or hazzards will not work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance you guys that are switching to the LED tail lights want to sell me your old right/passenger side tail light. Just backed into a Dodge Ram with a Brush Guard that sticks out a foot. Took out my passenger tail light, but that appears to be the only damage. Couldn't have gotten luckier, by not screwing up the paint.

Send PM or email [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
price and availability

how much is the cost of LED tailights (pair) in States? i have 05 MO and want to replace the lights. As in Dubai (UAE) 07 model here is excatly the same as 05, 06.

·
V.I.P Member
149 Posts
I am curious as to the easy fix to this problem, considering if I get the 07 LED's it'll be the another step closer for my 04' looking like an 07. I am too cheap to trade it in. lol

By the way, anybody experiment with the chrome trimmed temperature guages? I have a separate thread in which you can leave your input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I just go around creating the other board and now the problem that I'm having is that the led light works but when I turn on the hazards or turn signal they start to flash but as soon as I hit the brakes it will stop. But when I release the brakes it starts back working again. Does anyone have any ideal with this would happen?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
cascade227 said:
Hi,

I just go around creating the other board and now the problem that I'm having is that the led light works but when I turn on the hazards or turn signal they start to flash but as soon as I hit the brakes it will stop. But when I release the brakes it starts back working again. Does anyone have any ideal with this would happen?

Thanks
That may be normal for safety reasons.

If you apply the brakes, you would want the brake lights to superceed any other function regarding the taillight illumination (i.e. hazzards).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought so too. But this also happens with the turn signal. The first board that I created works fine. I can turn on the right turn signal and hazards and hit the brakes and the brake light comes on but the signal continues to blink light it is suppose to. So I'm tying to see why the left side will not do the same. I even tried switching the boards. Then the right side starts doing the same thing. Then the left works correctly. It seems like there's a problem with the board. I even created another board and it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone figured out if you can buy the 06-07 tailamp control and plug and play it into an 03 Murano. Any help would be great!!! Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Here is the part number/price if you are interested in experimenting:

Tail Lamp Combination Monitor
Part No.: 26760CC20A
Price: $172.12

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Can anyone post pages PG-48 thru 52 of 2006/7 Service Manual. This may give me some more insight whether it can be done or not.

From what I have gathered, the control unit behind the rear seat connects to the B42 harness connector. This connector is not present in the 2005 manual. The 2005 harness numbering ends with B39. If Nissan simply added a connector wire from the older harness to the control unit and then from the control unit to the LED combination lamps, then it is more than like compatable, which may account for the additional harness numbering (b40 to b42) . If not, you would need to go the retro-fit route provided by Protonz.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?...Anyone?...2006/7 Service Manual, pages PG-48 thru 52?

I have the 2005 SM, I just don't want to download the 2006/7 on just a hunch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow I started reading the begining of this thread and was going to post a reply that I know what part does that. I work on Muranos all the time and bought an 05 myself around 5 months ago I was checking out what would be needed to put 06 lights on mine then asked and looked at some cars. I haven't tried to hook a set up yet though. I am sure you have to change some wires around and use the box.
btw the dealer cost on that box is 103 and change.
my discount rocks =p

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Just looking at the new rear light of the 07

They are very nice for incandescent bulbs. I have the spoiler that has LED's for the center strip brake lights so I think I'll leave them alone.

121 - 140 of 198 Posts