Nissan Murano Forum banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Re: Just looking at the new rear light of the 07

GripperDon said:
They are very nice for incandescent bulbs. I have the spoiler that has LED's for the center strip brake lights so I think I'll leave them alone.
Crashdump,

I'm hoping Nissan was able to design and insert the converter box where the old harnesses connected behind the rear seat. This would have been very easy for Nissan to do without redesigning a new harness.
Now, what makes sense versus what Nissan actually did, may be two different things. Those designers must get paid by the hour.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been working on 07 sentra's and altima's allot lately and I'm pretty sure some of the engineers didn't finish school or something. the way the put those cars together is cheap and retarded. I took a headlight assembly out of an altima and was amazed how they put the wiring harness around it. allot of these new cars you have to remove the bumper and headlight to change a bulb.
thats just stupid to me. and that altima headlight is tough to get out.
from my experience also these new models are not built as good as the last bodystyle. they have some features but alot of cheap ass parts too..

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Since I have a 07...

Altima that makes me feel bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
oops nevermind what i said gripper.
altimas own...

don't take what I said too seriously. although to me they don't seem quite as well built as the last model year. also I get frustrated at the way engineers do things on new cars and it takes awhile for that anger while working on them to wear down haha.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
OH I have only small illusion

I worked in Detroit for many years and I too was usually disappointed. However I did feel the Mo was "Reasonable" The only car I have ever owned that really impresses me is the VW Phaeton. Everytime I take something apart I go Wow! now that's the way it should be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. New to the forum. Just got our new 2003 SL. Joined because like most of you, we want the 2006 LED upgrade. Has anyone yet purchased the before-mentioned "module" AND the '06 LED tail's and put them together, resulting in the desired outcome? Like most of you we're definitely looking for a plug-and-play solution. Thanks all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LED Taillight UpGrade

Just completed the LED Taillight Upgrade. Thanks to protonz. His paper made building the interface very easy. Anyone wanting to upgrade to LED taillights, just follow the diagram and have a little patience. Buy some extra parts and practice if unsure of your soldering skills. Protonz thanks again. Will post pics on my gallery

·
Registered
35 Posts
TheGymKid said:
protonz... chk your IM... i was wondering what you think of switching out the 05 instrument panel with the 06 ?
Dont mean to thread jack but...Any word on this? I'm dying to do this. This is about the only thing that I hate about my 04 MO.

I like to do the tails too though. I've been calling local junkyards weekly to see if they have any 06-08 MO so I can raid it for parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just curious, did anyone get anywhere with the rear combination lamp control unit (i.e. making a more plug-n-play setup for the conversion) or did this pretty much end with protonz setup?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Made the board, it was pretty easy to follow those instructions, had to go to few different Radio Shacks to get all the parts, works good, by the way the board fits perfect in that box, when installing pc board in the box, all the components(such as diodes, resistors, etc) need to face down and the board sits on the top of those grooves in the box, will install it today, so excited, love those LED's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just finished the board, tested works!!! Thanks for easy follow instructions, will install them today, love those LEDs. BY the way board fits perfect in that little box, no cutting needed, all those diodes, resistors,etc, need to face down, the the suttering part facing the lid, the board sits on those little ribs (on each side of the board,)

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah i had to go across town just to get those boards, i didn't want to wait, order would take up to a week, luckly i didn't screw up anything, first board took me little longer, second board was fast, really thin sutter really helps(melts faster). good luck with yours! i am making my MO look like 06,07 model, installed rear chrome bumper protector, LED's, front bumper chrome trim, side chrome door trims, looks really nice, still planning to install 06 cluster in the future...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to thank fellow member, protonz. I have the LED combination lamps installed and working on my '04. But for some reason, the park light function works intermitten on one of the lights. I think its a bad solder somewhere. . . . but I'll just make a new board and replace it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello to every one here..! my name is Usman and im also crazy about my nissan Murano just like u all...and really v happy to see all of u ..that u all support each others in a v good way... specially "Protonz" who is really v helpfull..im in Pakistan ...here there r only 8 nissan Murano..but as im crazy about my car so im buying its all parts from UAE.. as i just bought its led Light..but when i connected it wid the origional grip it did not work...after that i came to know it won't work widout that module..

as im from Pak..i know u will all be surprise wat im doing here.. as im feeling hesitation to post my comments here too..coz i know i wont get any good reply because of my country situation..but there is a hope... u all are only concern about cars..and u will all treat my like others...thanks..

141 - 160 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
71 Participants
andyyy2586
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing