Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the aftermarket led mirrors? They have the leds behind the mirror and can only seen when on. Wondering if it is very complicated or if they fit well. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
saltsage-

Several members have installed those mirrors. Do a forum search for "MUTH" and you can get detailed information on the installations.

I think they are a great idea. It's too bad our North American MOs do not have the fender-mounted turn signals like our European brethren.

-njjoe

·
Registered
420 Posts
I installed the signal mirrors about eight months ago, and I just love them.
As far as the fit goes, I purchased the MUTH mirrors, and they are the same shape as the OEM mirror, but without the black trim around the edge.

Now, the installation was more time consuming than difficult. A friend and I had figured that it would take about four hours. Well, after eight hours we had only installed one mirror. Since it was Sunday evening by the time we finished, I had to wait till the following week to finish the other mirror and it also took about eight hours. I'm sure it can be done faster, but we were both complete novices and I'm also very anal and wanted every step done perfectly.

I would suggest that you download the installation manual and study it to see if this is something you want to do. Here is the link: manual
(Click on "download installation manual")

I'll also be happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is a wireless option

I remember Gripper Don using small stick on mirrors that used a wireless signal to power the lights. This obviously eases install compared to replacing the whole mirror and hardwiring but I am not sure if the look is acceptable being that the chevron indicator is not integrated in the glass. Can anyone that has these provide pro and con comments??

njmo

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: There is a wireless option

njmo said:
I remember Gripper Don using small stick on mirrors that used a wireless signal to power the lights. This obviously eases install compared to replacing the whole mirror and hardwiring but I am not sure if the look is acceptable being that the chevron indicator is not integrated in the glass. Can anyone that has these provide pro and con comments??

njmo
I had originally purchased the wireless stick-on mirrors. When they arrived they were larger than they appeared in the pictures. I actually taped them on to the mirrors to see what they would look like installed and was not happy with the look. I ended up returning them.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I guess it's a matter of choice.

I liked the wide angle add on mirror that came with the turn signal indicator. I also like the lower cost and the ease od installation. Others may differ. Everything is a compromise to some extent. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts