Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Murano with 106000 miles.
Just had new tires installed and the tire shop asked vehicle to be checked. The note reads as below
“The whole hub is shifting back and forth, and is loose. Recommend towing vehicle due vehicle not being roadworthy”

Question here is, have others seen this issue. It’s a 2007 Murano with 106000 miles

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Wow! My guess would be that the note you quoted isn't well written and means the hub is loose internally and the parts are shifting. That would mean the hub is getting ready to come apart!

If the hub itself were actually shifting that would mean it isn't firmly bolted into place...which is unlikely, and might be correctable by bolting it in properly.

You could have the tire shop replace the hub at lower cost than the dealership, if they do that work. If that is an option at that tire shop, I wouldn't even move the car - I'd tell them to get the hub and get it done.

Whatever you do, follow their advice and DO NOT drive it.

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
I'm thinking if the tire shop recommends towing the vehicle, they probably don't do repairs other than tires.
You're probably right, but I thought I should suggest that they ask.

If I'm correct that the hub is at fault, it's a fix that doesn't require a dealership and any competent shop can handle at lower cost than a dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow....This is seriously ultra low mileage 106,000 miles for a 12 year old car !!!
I agree with Pilgrim. This is just mechanical work...Have it towed to a trusted mechanic (Not dealer). As the shop for a honest assessment on what parts are on their way out and replace them with new ones...Don't take any risk with the HUB !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Took it to a local shop who told me that the front control arm needed replacing. Total repair bill including parts and labor 1100/-

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow....This is seriously ultra low mileage 106,000 miles for a 12 year old car !!!
I agree with Pilgrim. This is just mechanical work...Have it towed to a trusted mechanic (Not dealer). As the shop for a honest assessment on what parts are on their way out and replace them with new ones...Don't take any risk with the HUB !!
Are there anyway to modify the milage? If so are there any app to use with OBD11 to find out whats the real Millage of the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts