Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only seems to happen over slow speed bumps, like speed bumps, and little potholes in the road. I can only hear it with the window down, and the best way to describe the sound is somethin similar to metal on metal rattling at a fast pace. It's not a clunk, but more of a rattle that can only be heard from the outside, and not inside the cabin with all windows up. Anyone ever notice this? I have this problem and the "clicking" sound coming from the front left side when selecting gears and/or accelerating...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dookie,

This may be related.

I was washing the Murano last week and noticed the mud flaps were REALLY loose. The screws seemed to have worked their way loose I guess 'cause the flaps were.. well... flapping!

Check them out.

Mark Linder

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Or how about a loose license plate/cover?

~ Corin

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have noticed this also. Exactly like what you described, only with the windows open. It's not the mud flaps or the license plate. What's weird is I can get almost a similar sound when I lift the rear carpeted spare tire cover and then close it. It seems to come from the right rear fender well. I have tried to isolate it and so far my best guestimate is it comes somewhere from between the right rear wheel well and the interior plastic housing. I thought at first i created this plriblem because I foam padded the spare tire chamber and it might made something airtight that wasn't supposed to be..I know it sounds pretty far fetched to me too, but with all the rattle problems I am depserately grasping at any reason I can find.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Dookie, a little off topic, but how did you go about the Dyno install?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just took the plate off and put two layers of Extreme on the back side of it...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have this same problem too :confused: at least I think. It kind of sounds like a clank. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to happen at higher speeds, either that the wind is blowing to loud in my ears :p . I think I'm going to add this to my list of things to check out when I bring my Mo in for service...along with the ticking in the window.:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dookie said:
It only seems to happen over slow speed bumps, like speed bumps, and little potholes in the road. I can only hear it with the window down, and the best way to describe the sound is somethin similar to metal on metal rattling at a fast pace. It's not a clunk, but more of a rattle that can only be heard from the outside, and not inside the cabin with all windows up. Anyone ever notice this? I have this problem and the "clicking" sound coming from the front left side when selecting gears and/or accelerating...
I have had this issue fixed. There is a TSB for this, chasis ears will locate the problem. One thing though....its back.

The dealer never positively told me the problem. Something to do with strut 'tabs"

·
Registered
265 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts