Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live north of Dayton, Ohio and we have about 10 iches of snow and are expected to have about 5 more before it's done tomorrow and I have to say the MO's AWD did better than I ever expected. Another day that I'm glad I bought it.:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
When does the AWD engage? Do you see the AWD light on?

Had only 1 minor storm in Boston (but COLD - 7 degrees), and my MO drive well, but I don't think the AWD really ever engaged..

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is what I was wondering. I live a little north of Bowing Green, Ohio and am patiently awaiting the snow, I want to see how it performs. About 4 more hours and we should see some snow I think, or sooner.

Let it snow, let it snow.... I got the MO

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I don't have the manual in front of me... does anyone know if the AWD light on the dash lights when the MO goes into AWD automatically or is that light just when you engage it manually?

Grip... 56°.... it was 3°F the other night but go figure tomorrow we hit 50°. Its **GOT** to be global warming. :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
The AWD light only goes on during bulb check (engine start), with the AWD lock switch, or it flashes when there is a problem with the AWD system. There is sadly no indication of the AWD system working... If however one had a Consult, there is a data feed on how the AWD clutch is operating, showing exactly how much lock-up is going on. Nifty if I had one to play with :)

·
5,100 Posts
Maybe we could get a delaer or Nissan to give an old one to the Org for loaning out to members HA HA

·
Registered
522 Posts
One of those Palm Pilot Consult emulators should work just fine...

·
5,100 Posts
Where do you get that and how much?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ya, were do I get this Palm Pilot Consult emulator, or equivalent, and how do I hook it up !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Let it snow,let it snow

I'm jealous, we have had hardly any snow and the ski hills are suffering. If you guys in Ohio have any spare snow, please Fedex it to Calgary, believe me we will really appreciate it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just got home from work and I was going to snow blow the driveway before I pulled in the garage but the wife told me to go ahead and try it. So I locked it in and it went just fine. The wife however was laughing and I couldn't understand why, and then she said she couldn't believe I was pushing the snow with my front bumper. The last forcast for us is 20 inches before it's done and winds up to 30 mph. I was wondering if the Mo will tunnel thru the drifts? I guess I will find out.:cool:

·
Registered
522 Posts
http://300zx-twinturbo.com/conzult/faq.htm

Since this was designed for the Zs, you would probably need to chat with the developers to see if it'll decode any Murano specific things (like the AWD), but in general it should work fine with any modern Nissan.

·
5,100 Posts
Sent off an inquiry by email, will advise when I get answer.

·
4,664 Posts
Ahhh...Don, you really are the toy king! Well if you get one, let us know how it works out. I've been toying with the idea, but not pursued it.

As far as the AWD, you won't feel it kicking in, unless you're really pushing the vehicle. For example, gassing it to slide sideways going through a corner, not a normal day to day way to drive, but fun on empty roads with no access points (and surprises ). So it works seamlessly. If you do push it hard, or it's really slippery, then push that switch to keep in on all the time, and you will notice a difference.

It's fun to spin all four wheels at the same time, in the snow. If you have VDC, you have to turn this off, of course....

·
5,100 Posts
Here it is, "Hi,
the Nissan Murano doesn't support the consult diagnostic protocol. (like all
newer Nissans)..it uses a new type of diagnostic protocol called CAN or CANDIAG

the conzult software only supports the (older) consult diag protocol

There is a package around that does support CAN.
I think it's called enginuity or something.
Maybe google can find it for you.

Regards,

·
5,100 Posts
You may remember I was going to get this a couple of months ago So since the other guys would not work I sent this and got this response.

Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 9:28 AM
To: [email protected]rraweb.com
Subject: Do you have something I can plug into my NISSAN MURANO It's a "CAN" system the NISSAN device is called the Consult-II. I need a PDA based emulator etc. Do you have a product I can use. thanks
Yes, your Nissan is supported with our A-300 Dyno-Scan for Palm OS scan tool.

http://www.auterraweb.com/dyforpacan.html

The Consult-II is a factory scan tool, and costs thousands more than our scan tool.

Our A-300 scan tool also has the added benefit of working with all 1996 and later vehicles, no matter the make or model (Nissan, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Kia, ....)

We have a 10% off sale going now. See our home page: www.auterraweb.com.

Sincerely,
Auterra Support
[email protected]

SO I GUESS IT WAS A OK ONE AFTER ALL ABOUT $300 PLUS A PALM PDA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Its one thing to be able to scan and read codes and monitor basic engine functions, which any scan tool can do. However, does this $300 tool have the programmable options of the Consult II? Consult II can adjust computer settings, and has overrides to turn and off specific electrical functions (such as cycling the engine fan, raising the idle speed, etc...) - does this tool do that?

If so, we may be onto something here.

·
5,100 Posts
I'll ask.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts