Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to take another trip to North Carolina and will be taking my MO. Trip usually takes about 8 hours. Up to this point, I've always done all of the driving, I don't mind because I think the MO is a great long trip rider.
Now, all of a sudden, my wife wants to drive part of the way. I say no way, no one touches the MO other than me! But she is persisting.
I am scared, lol. I guess I should cave in to keep the peace but I am a bit nervous.

Any suggestions?

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Tell her that she will be driving on the way back, that way you will have an extra week to make another excuse...;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Why all the misogynistic comments? Nothing better than being chauffeured in a comfy mo :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
My wife drives the Murano everyday. :)

I let her race the Typhoon at the drag strip. Showed her how to stage and launch.

She's driven every vehicle I/we've ever owned.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Let her start driving and then start nagging and the "how to drive correctly" thing....

Tell her:

how to make the turns
keep her distance from the cars ahead
How to pass
How not to pass
Watch this
Watch that
not go over pot holes
slow down
go faster
etc.

Before you know it she will volunteer to remain only a passenger when you are with her . :2:

Sure, it will not be fun the first time, but small price to pay to guarantee your piece of mind next time around both of you are in the MO.....:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh heh heh!

I knew I could rely on the devious, testosterone laden, male mind to bail me out of this!

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Holy cow, your wives are obviously not looking over your shoulders when you guys are writing this, are they? ;)

You're walking a very thin and dangerous line.

Remember, you can always repair or replace your Mo. But if SHE gets pissed at you, you're screwed for LIFE!

(or maybe NOT screwed for life,depending on how you want to read into that...)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Corin said:
Holy cow, your wives are obviously not looking over your shoulders when you guys are writing this, are they? ;)

You're walking a very thin and dangerous line.

Remember, you can always repair or replace your Mo. But if SHE gets pissed at you, you're screwed for LIFE!

(or maybe NOT screwed for life,depending on how you want to read into that...)
My wife totalled our last two cars.....she is NOT totalling the MO..:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
zebelkhan said:

My wife totalled our last two cars.....she is NOT totalling the MO..:mad:
HA! Okay, I think you might have a valid point then, and one that she probably can't argue with! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I only get to drive my Mo on the weekends. It costs to much to drive daily, 74 mi round trip to and from work. So i get to drive her little corolla to work. :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow... the MO is my wifes car.. she usually drives, but lets me drive when I want, and usually wants me to drive on long distance trips.

But I let her drive my Z whenever she wants, she is my wife!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Before getting the Mo we had a 2k3 Maxima SE and the wife loved it. I had been saying for a few months that I wanted to trade it in for the Mo and she was very much against the idea. One day out of the blue I pulled into the Nissan dealership and traded it in. When I got home my wife was pissed to say the least. She wouldnt even acknowledge the presence of the Mo for like 2 weeks because she was so bitter. She took it for a drive one day and immediately fell in love. Now its "her" car and I hardly get to drive it at all.

So I guess the answer to your question is yes since I do not have a choice in the matter.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
TonyD(90Z32TT) said:
Before getting the Mo we had a 2k3 Maxima SE and the wife loved it. I had been saying for a few months that I wanted to trade it in for the Mo and she was very much against the idea. One day out of the blue I pulled into the Nissan dealership and traded it in...
That was brutal....:eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
zebelkhan said:

If I had a Z, I would let my wife drive it too. After all it is not a MO...:D
That it isnt muahahaha.

·
4,664 Posts
I like to let her drive it, so she knows what I'm talking about when I say "Do you want to take my car (Murano) or your truck?" (Ford Taurus company car).

Then I snicker.:p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok, so I'm female and drive mine all the time. Wish I had a guy jumping at the chance to chauffeur me around in the MO on long trips!!!

So, just to contribute... If the trip is for fun, and there's going to be shopping close, just tell her that she can't drive the MO and make a list of all the stores she wants to hit up at the same time!

Of course, that would mean your check book would take a hit, but at least you'd get to drive the MO. :2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
ZBoy said:
Wow... the MO is my wifes car.. she usually drives, but lets me drive when I want, and usually wants me to drive on long distance trips.

But I let her drive my Z whenever she wants, she is my wife!
Hmmm... I AM the wife, and I drive the MO...
Sometimes I even let my hubby drive it, but only when I'm driving HIS 350Z
^5 Zboy! :4:

·
4,664 Posts
OK, now I'm jealous.... I suggested to my wife 2 years ago, that she should see if she can get a car allowance instead of the company car. Then we could go get a Z! If we needed the room that day, the Murano would be it, and the other person would have to suffer with the Z.... (I can't imagine suffering so badly!)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts