Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...And then there was.

Just got my set of 10,000K HID Bulbs and PIAA diamond spark (7500K) japan-only foglight bulbs yesterday, put them in and...
:eek: :eek: :eek:
BEAUTIFUL!

The color of the light output is just my taste, I went from these:

To these:

Here is a comparison of all of the bulbs that I have played with:

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get them from. I bought them off of a former Murano/FX owner.

Feedback? I think they are great. They are not too distracting to other drivers in terms of glare, but when you drive by, everyone looks. Luckily I drove by police yesterday and didn't get a second glance!

I'm in love! :4:

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Snow MO said:
...And then there was.

Just got my set of 10,000K HID Bulbs and PIAA diamond spark (7500K) japan-only foglight bulbs yesterday, put them in and...
:eek: :eek: :eek:
BEAUTIFUL!
Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get them from. I bought them off of a former Murano/FX owner.

Feedback? I think they are great. They are not too distracting to other drivers in terms of glare, but when you drive by, everyone looks. Luckily I drove by police yesterday and didn't get a second glance!

I'm in love! :4:
GLAD you like em.....

arent they wicked at night??? you make all other cars light output look, well, plain........ (bmw included)

i might be able to get more of em, but itd be a week or so (and not for that price bro!!)

i jus installed 8500K d2R HID's on my G, with 8000K foglamps (not avail in 9006 spec, which is what you have in the fogs)....

looks VERY good, imo

-eS

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have read on the lighting forums that the higher temp HID bulbs actually have diminished light output. I like the blue look, but I am not willing to trade it for nighttime illumination.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like those bulbs, they look real good :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Eric L. said:
I have read on the lighting forums that the higher temp HID bulbs actually have diminished light output. I like the blue look, but I am not willing to trade it for nighttime illumination.
That is very true. Anything over 6,000 kelvin is being considered hard on the eyes. I guess there was some study done where fatigue was more evident with HID lights burning at anything higher than 6K kelvin. It had something to do with the intense blue light.

Anyhow, I do like the way they look though!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Blue light makes ur optical processing center go ape. Remember the "blue dot" crystals peeps put on their tail lamps? Made their red lamps look purple, but a funny purple didn't it. It seems we can't processes blue light as well as blended light, our eyes search for focus constantly.
But they do look good.
;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Let there be light...

esemes said:

GLAD you like em.....

arent they wicked at night??? you make all other cars light output look, well, plain........ (bmw included)
-eS
They are amazing. It makes me laugh how many people look when i drive by. They really do not noticably diminish visibility at all in night time driving. I wish I had a before and after visibility comparison, and I'm too in love to switch them back just for that!

Thanks for the great deal! This has been my most favorite mod so far! :29: :29:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Snow MO

Those look really good. Wait until first snowfall at night, you'll have to wear sunglasses.....:26: :26:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Snow MO

pcs15394 said:
Those look really good. Wait until first snowfall at night, you'll have to wear sunglasses.....:26: :26:
You inspired me to update my title... ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Snow Mo

I thought you might be too young to remember that song. I was going to reference it and thought maybe you wouldn't recognize it.:31: :31:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come now! ;)

You overlook the fact that I was in college during the Napster years as well as the fact that I lived and breathed the 80's! Slap bracelets, deloreans, Fraggle Rock ;) You name it and I did it! :4:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Off Topic but...

I Lived the 80's as well. Graduated HS in 83. The 80's were a great time in my life. What goes around comes around, now I see things that were popular then all coming back.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, things come back when they're having a tough time finding something new!

It's funny, the music really does go in cycles. People get bored of the same thing over. XM has been boring me lately, I've been listening to a local progressive rock station again. Is it just me, or does XM have to do less CD dumps into their databases, and more actual DJ programming? It seems like I hear batches of songs from certain artists in a day or week, and not the latest....

It's like light bulbs.. People notice change. (Had to tie it back into the original thread!!!)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry....

Sorry - I got carried away, couldn't stop myself. However, I like Light bulbs too. Especially the ones Snow MO put in his MO. Unfortunately I don't have the HID option. But there always next time

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
sno---

i just changed my HID's (oem bulbs are the shielded d2r's on the G) to the 10,000K variety (s/a the ones you now have)

i had the 8500K d2R, but wasnt happy.... enuf...

i had the guy that imports the McCullough 10K's make me a set (using the 10K d2s's) to fit the G......

result is the same insane look as the MO.FX look.... cept, for the unfortunate fact that the G has traditional reflective housings for their HID's (not bi-xenon projection beams.....).... expect that to change when the 2k5 G arrives in oct!!

here's a peak..... (the hibeam and foglight is h3.... underneath the HID's)

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
hi esemes,

it looks COOL! Do you actually drive at night? Are the lights effective? 10,000 K seems to me aufully "cold". The light must be blue..........I am not sure if it is safe............

1 - 20 of 58 Posts