Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

In my first discuss, I asked for the stage 1 repro, which everyone said that it was not recommended due the CVT. Given this, I want to go safety and quiet to the ski centers, and leaving aside the tires topic, I'm seeking to increase the height of the murano with a leveling kit or maybe changing the suspension to an off-road one. However, I haven't found any brand (with off-road reputation, maybe a Fox suspension), that can be use in the Murano z52.

Does anyone have an after market suspension or a leveling kit that might be used into de Murano?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi everyone,

In my first discuss, I asked for the stage 1 repro, which everyone said that it was not recommended due the CVT. Given this, I want to go safety and quiet to the ski centers, and leaving aside the tires topic, I'm seeking to increase the height of the murano with a leveling kit or maybe changing the suspension to an off-road one. However, I haven't found any brand (with off-road reputation, maybe a Fox suspension), that can be use in the Murano z52.

Does anyone have an after market suspension or a leveling kit that might be used into de Murano?

Thanks everyone.
Dear friend, for all practical purposes, you are driving the wrong vehicle. Sell the current one and get a Pathfinder AWD or similar and live a peaceful life.......just saying:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear friend, for all practical purposes, you are driving the wrong vehicle. Sell the current one and get a Pathfinder AWD or similar and live a peaceful life.......just saying:cool:
If I wanted a Pathfinder (seriously???) or other SUV (Cherokee or similar), I would have bought it. However, I love the Murano and what I'm asking if there is any high performance suspensions, or other hardware, for the Murano to improve the off road performance, not what other vehicle should I buy.

Thanks for the comments anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There aren't any performance or suspension modifications(except airbag leveling kit for rear) for the Murano. Outside of you custom fabricating or engaging in trial and error the Murano doesnt have any options for high performance suspension or other off-road hardware on the market. For the Rogue(1st gen) I have seen over the years that people have used the European Nissan Qashqai suspension components to lift it. However, haven't seen anything for the Murano.

Maybe offroad tires and wheels may help? increasing the tire sidewall would provide increased height but may mess with your speedometer

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you're looking for high performance, which in term would mean higher quality, which would usually only be manufactured by a reputable company.... you'll have a hard time finding that. These companies know that making such components for a Murano is not worth their time and effort since there is an extremely small group base that would purchase it. You might find something cheap from one of Chinas manufacturers but then again.... I wouldn't trust that with transporting me and my family around.

If I come across something I'll keep your post in mind.

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
You can do tires and wheels, and that's about it. There are no performance mods, and the CVT can't handle a HP increase anyway.

And you'll be able to enjoy it until you tear up the transfer case, which you will pretty quickly if you actually go off-road. The transfer case is not designed for off-roading.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I wanted a Pathfinder (seriously???) or other SUV (Cherokee or similar), I would have bought it. However, I love the Murano and what I'm asking if there is any high performance suspensions, or other hardware, for the Murano to improve the off road performance, not what other vehicle should I buy.

Thanks for the comments anyways.
Chill bro. I am just trying to add more character to this Forum. Seriously, if you have $50K, I can recommend a specialized mod shop that makes your wet dream come through. Else, pretty much all the posts here have confirmed the underlying message that I tried to communicate.......!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chill bro. I am just trying to add more character to this Forum. Seriously, if you have $50K, I can recommend a specialized mod shop that makes your wet dream come through. Else, pretty much all the posts here have confirmed the underlying message that I tried to communicate.......!
Sorry bro, I really love the Murano, but yes, maybe I should leave the Murano to my family and bought something especial for me.

However, I found this Lift Kit:

Your comments on this product guys? Maybe I can be the first one to mod the Murano to Off-road, anyway...

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you're going to off-road your AWD Murano, be sure to check the transfer case fluid level, and the transfer case seals for leaking. It's a light-duty transfer case, and only holds 5/8 pint (a little over a cup) of gear oil... It's the component most likely to fail from off-road use...

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,260 Posts
Sorry bro, I really love the Murano, but yes, maybe I should leave the Murano to my family and bought something especial for me.

Your comments on this product guys? Maybe I can be the first one to mod the Murano to Off-road, anyway...

Your flag icon says you're located in Chile--is it that you really have no choice but to drive off-road a lot?

On that kit, it looks like it's designed to lift the frame about 2 inches so you can fit larger wheels/tires, but I don't think it would handle much off-road abuse. Also, $200+ is way too expensive for what's basically a bunch of steel flanges and bolts, IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I did it already a couple of weeks agó
(amazing results).
Stay tunned to: B.G daily life experiences!! on YOUTUBE, I,ll be posting videos soon, probably this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
(amazing results).
Stay tunned to: B.G daily life experiences!! on YOUTUBE, I,ll be posting videos soon, probably this week.

·
Registered
297 Posts

I say "Just Do It and Have Fun".....................................:cool:

·
Registered
870 Posts
(amazing results).
Sweet. I’d love to see this. My wife’s Murano needs tires soon and the only good tires are bigger. This lift could be the ticket to letting me keep the 20’s and have decent tires for a change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet. I’d love to see this. My wife’s Murano needs tires soon and the only good tires are bigger. This lift could be the ticket to letting me keep the 20’s and have decent tires for a change.
I decided to get rid of the 20's and got jeep sahara rims and tires (aggressive look), with rough country spacers adapters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts