Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day before yesterday, I had my WeatherTech stone & bug deflector sprayed to match the colour of the MO (Pearl White). I had this done at the local Toyota workshop, as they are well known for the professionalism of their work.

Anyway, when I went back the next day, I was asked to drive the MO into the actual garage so it could be fitted and ensure the colour match was good. All the mechanics were over the MO like a swam of bees around a honey pot; the consensus being that it was a nicer shape, had a better interior and was finished just as well and if not better than the Lexus RX series and that's from their own mechanics. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its possible that the Toyota garage is aware of all the problems associated with the RX (however few it may be) but not much on the Murano. People hit with the alternator bug here think that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence when comparing against the RX or Highlander, but those vehicles have their issues as well.

Having been on this board for a while now, I've read about all the annoying Murano related issues such as bad alternator, unresponsive throttle (requiring a restart), and the rattles. Not something I would expect a Lexus tech to know about, but then most of us here don't know that Toyota issued a recall on the RX330 regarding brake problems (essentially more dangerous than a wonky alternator!). The RX has also had transmission issues - not breakdowns, but rather a delayed downshift response when accelerating from a rolling stop - the car will not downshift to first and you end up sluggishly accelerating from 2nd gear.

So the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and even if it is, its probably hiding bugs....bugs that eat people. :p

·
Registered
301 Posts
I didn't know that. I'm staying away from the RX330.:D Actually, I test drove the 330 and liked it a lot in comparison to the 300. It drives better and I like the interior better. THe 300's ride is too mushy for me and has more body roll IMO. But I couldn't justify paying $$$$ more vs. the Mo.

So now I have a Mo and RX300.:D The 300 will eventually be swapped for a minivan (for the Mrs.). Unfortunately not the Quest from the problems that I've heard about it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
My wife has a 300 and loves it. Not so crazy about the MO... to harsh... and I've got the SL.

I told her she should be driving a 1967 Cady... now that would be mushy. :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not get me wrong I think the Lexus branding is a great idea and the vehicles produced are excellent; nearly brought the 330 until I saw my first MO.

What I omitted to say was that the MO is new to the Middle East (Feb 05 I think) and, additionally, I have the only one in the area. I suppose that makes it a bit of a curiosity.

Take all the points raised, but it still does not detract from the fact these Toyota mechanics were very impressed.
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts