Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shift|Live
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me i can do this myself easily!!!

does anyone have a HOW TO??? w/ pics maybe? I really dont wanna take my car to a dealer to change these bulbs!!! :)

i got these really nice WHITE LEDs that are actually white and not violet/blue!! they look great in the Maxima...

let me know please.. i did a search, come up empty.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Removal and Installation LICENSE PLATE LAMP

1. Remove back door inner finisher.
2. Remove rear wiper motor.
3. Remove the license plate lamp mounting screws and remove it.
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.

·
Shift|Live
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonzo said:
Removal and Installation LICENSE PLATE LAMP

1. Remove back door inner finisher.
2. Remove rear wiper motor.
3. Remove the license plate lamp mounting screws and remove it.
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
you gotta be kidding me!!!???

all that for a license plate light?

how do i remove the inner finisher? and the wiper motor?

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's easier than it sounds. I'm doing these instructions from memory, so I might have forgotten something - but here's what I remember.

Remove the pocket that you use to close the hatch. Then remove the push pins that hold the rear finisher to the hatch. There are clips that hold the finisher to the composite hatch - just pull gently and they'll pop loose. The rear wiper is held on by 3 nuts (10mm I think).

Bob

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
You have to admit, that is quite a bit of work to change a simple license plate bulb. But that is the price we pay for beauty (or poor engineering, depending on how you look at it. ;) )

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Removal and Installation
REMOVAL
1. Remove pull handle.
2. Remove clips of back door finisher.
3. Disconnect harness connector at back side of finisher.

Removal and Installation of Rear Wiper Motor
REMOVAL
1. Operate wiper motor, and stop it at the auto stop position.
2. Remove wiper arm cover and mounting nut, and then remove wiper arm from vehicle.
3. Remove back door finisher. (See above)
TRIM" in “EI” section.
4. Disconnect rear wiper motor connector.
5. Remove rear wiper motor mounting bolts and remove rear
wiper motor.

Sorry fellas, I'm just the messenger, I think it sounds worse than it is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Damn- I can't believe what I'm reading. This is either very bad design or an intentional way to jack-up maintenance costs. I think its probably the latter. Either way it shows a total lack of consideration for the consumer.

Changing a light bulb should be a 5 minute $2.00 deal, I'll bet the dealer charges $100-150 to do this.

Just curious- anybody actually gotten an estimate from the dealer?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
tmnjmurano said:
Damn- I can't believe what I'm reading. This is either very bad design or an intentional way to jack-up maintenance costs. I think its probably the latter. Either way it shows a total lack of consideration for the consumer.
This is a good case of form taking priority over function. Maintainability is not part of the design consideration.

-njjoe

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gonzo said:
Agree with Njjoe.... I can't remember the last time I ever had to change a plate bulb in any car.... ever.
You know I can't remember one either. I owned a 97 maxima for 11 years and only replaced one bulb (side marker) the whole time. But
nowadays I drive around and see PLENTY of 1-2 year old cars with burnt out brake/parking/marker/fog lights. So it appears there may be some cost-cutting going on in the form of cheaper bulbs. So lets see ... cheaper bulbs-harder to replace, hey its a win-win for everybody but the consumer.

As to Njjoe's point - yeah I'm the first one to admit the design is beautiful - but come on Nissan you can do better by your customers. How about a $1.50 pop-out on the hatch liner to get access to the bulb?

·
Shift|Live
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tmnjmurano said:

How about a $1.50 pop-out on the hatch liner to get access to the bulb?
AGREE!!!!

and my bulb isnt out.. and i've NEVER EVER replaced any bulbs on my vehicles because of burn outs.. i only upgrade them..

like for the license plate light, i got a true LED that puts out WHITE 4300k light... not the violet light output most "white" leds are..

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a Little Bit Easier

My '07 does not require the removal of the wiper motor to change the bulb. The bulb holder twists out of light assembly to allow replacement of the bulb. You still have to remove the hatch cover.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: It's a Little Bit Easier

pal864 said:
My '07 does not require the removal of the wiper motor to change the bulb. The bulb holder twists out of light assembly to allow replacement of the bulb. You still have to remove the hatch cover.
Nor does my 03.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ikalinin3 said:

AGREE!!!!

and my bulb isnt out.. and i've NEVER EVER replaced any bulbs on my vehicles because of burn outs.. i only upgrade them..

like for the license plate light, i got a true LED that puts out WHITE 4300k light... not the violet light output most "white" leds are..
where did you get the bulb? i want one too. i really like how the new lexus license plate light looks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts