Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine recommended I go with an O.M.E. kit, but I was under the impression those were almost solely designed for Jeeps. Does anyone know of a lift kit or brand that generally works best regarding fitment or installation in a Murano? My goal is to lift my '12 Murano 2" and install some considerably more "capable" tires as I just moved from the warm south to Denver, CO. Any and all advice very much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
Not to throw wet blankets, but here is food for thought....

Before you do that, keep in mind wear on the CV joints, potential increased maintenance and changes to the vehicle's handling. I'm not sure that anyone makes a kit for the Murano, which is a family-oriented CUV. You have McPherson strut front suspension, which is not a normal configuration for lifting.

Also keep in mind that the Murano is AWD, not 4WD, and will not last under hard or off-road use. The transfer case is a known weak point.

From Fort Collins, I recommend Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires for winter (pick up some OEM rims on Ebay) and a good all-season or summer tire on the factory rims for the summer. Then you can go anywhere the Murano is designed to go. If "capable" tires means off-road, don't go there. You will break things.

Short take: its not a Jeep, so consider well before trying to set the suspension up like one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A friend of mine recommended I go with an O.M.E. kit, but I was under the impression those were almost solely designed for Jeeps. Does anyone know of a lift kit or brand that generally works best regarding fitment or installation in a Murano? My goal is to lift my '12 Murano 2" and install some considerably more "capable" tires as I just moved from the warm south to Denver, CO. Any and all advice very much appreciated!
So how did the lift go? Do you have pictures? I am thinking of lifting my 2014 Murano..!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to throw wet blankets, but here is food for thought....

Before you do that, keep in mind wear on the CV joints, potential increased maintenance and changes to the vehicle's handling. I'm not sure that anyone makes a kit for the Murano, which is a family-oriented CUV. You have McPherson strut front suspension, which is not a normal configuration for lifting.

Also keep in mind that the Murano is AWD, not 4WD, and will not last under hard or off-road use. The transfer case is a known weak point.

From Fort Collins, I recommend Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires for winter (pick up some OEM rims on Ebay) and a good all-season or summer tire on the factory rims for the summer. Then you can go anywhere the Murano is designed to go. If "capable" tires means off-road, don't go there. You will break things.

Short take: its not a Jeep, so consider well before trying to set the suspension up like one.
I am in Denver and I am thinking of lifting my 2014 Murano . It sounds like you have experience in this? I don't plan on 4 wheeling just want a tough look. I was thinking of strut pacers in front and whatever they do in the back to lift it 1.5-2 " and putting on an AT tire 275/55R20 which is 31.89 " tall. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
I am in Denver and I am thinking of lifting my 2014 Murano . It sounds like you have experience in this? I don't plan on 4 wheeling just want a tough look. I was thinking of strut pacers in front and whatever they do in the back to lift it 1.5-2 " and putting on an AT tire 275/55R20 which is 31.89 " tall. Thoughts?
I'm not in a good position to comment, as I've never played with a Murano suspension. My comment about the CV joints is a cautionary note, as changing the drive angle of an axle with a CV joint has the potential to start chewing up CV joints rather quickly. Forcing the spring to ride the body higher would change the drive angle
, and I honestly don't know the result.

The only mod I made to my 07 Murano was a brush bar in front, and I did that to mount a pair of Hella 500 driving lights because I found the high beams on the 1st generation Murano to be inadequate.

Honestly, if I wanted a tough look I'd get a Grand Cherokee (funny, I have one now...) or four-door Wrangler and take advantage of the myriad accessories and options available for that more durable platform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts