Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting at the office, and my co-worker has found a 42" plasma TV that he wants to buy, and he's wondering if we could make use of my Murano to pick it up.

Of course, I didn't drive the MO to work today, so I'm stuck without the ability to look at the manual or measure to see if a 37" tall box would fit through the liftgate area.

Anyone out there have this measurement handy, or the ability to make the measurement? (It's a 2004 MO, but I doubt it's changed in the 05/06 model year)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
31 1/4" high.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer said:
Cargo Space
Length (with rear seat up) 30.7
Width 54.8
Height 33.5
33-1/2"?? I don't know where they got that dimension because my MO only has 31-1/4" of clearance at the liftgate opening.

-njjoe

·
Registered
92 Posts
33 probably floor to ceiling. I'm almost positive you could fit a 42" plasma in there. Now if it comes in a big wooden crate, maybe not but if all else fails I know it will fit if you leave the box at the store.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I went outside yesterday and measured the opening, from the floor to the center of the liftgate opening. I measured 31-1/4". That's it. The 33-1/2" quoted in the literature may be the interior floor-to-ceiling dimension, but that doesn't allow entry for a 33" high rigid carton that is both longer and wider than 33".

However, I agree with you that if the TV is taken out of the box then it has a better chance of fitting in the back.

The rear area of the MO always looks big until you attempt to put something big in it. :D

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
njjoe said:
that doesn't allow entry for a 33" high rigid carton that is both longer and wider than 33".

However, I agree with you that if the TV is taken out of the box then it has a better chance of fitting in the back.
:D

-njjoe
I think by tilting the boxed set, it would go in just fine. I carried home a boxed picnic table that way... I just bungied the hatch.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

I think by tilting the boxed set, it would go in just fine. I carried home a boxed picnic table that way... I just bungied the hatch.
You should be able to lay the box on its back side with the screen facing up. The box for a 40 inch plasma shouldn't be more than a foot deep.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
With the rear seats folded down, its just about six feet from the back of the front seats to the trunk lid.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Took home my new Sony 42" with no problems. Laided in the back in the box with the screen facing up and the back seats folded over. You will have no problems in transporting the TV. :2:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just recently bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma from Costco. My new toy went into my beloved MO without any problems. Folded the rear seats and slid the box inside like it was meant to be there.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
njjoe said:

33-1/2"?? I don't know where they got that dimension because my MO only has 31-1/4" of clearance at the liftgate opening.

-njjoe
You probably have lower air pressure in your tires......:2:

·
Registered
982 Posts
When you the trunk has a heavy load, don't forget to toggle the headlights down. Has anyone used that feature? Does anyone remember you have it !!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan said:

You probably have lower air pressure in your tires......:2:
Z-

I knew I could count on you guys to figure out the problem.

Thanx Z-man.:2:

-njjoe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts