Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Murano 2.5 litter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just aking any idea, how to fix the liftgate it’s totally locked even I press the unlock botton at the liftgate, there’s no sign the the mechanism is working, I tested all the fuses it’s all good, now I don’t have ideas to fix it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The latch on my '03 rusted resulting in sticky operation. I was able to work around this by manually moving the hatch handle forward so the hatch would latch. It's a know problem with at some of the 1st gen Muranos. You can search the forum for some solutions that were found to remedy the problem.

In the interim, you can try manually moving the hatch handle forward, then lock it. Then try unlocking it to see if it now opens.

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Murano 2.5 litter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not rusty I open it up, is there any idea or maybe in the wiring?

·
Registered
675 Posts
The same water infiltration that tends to rust the latch mechanism my also be affecting the wiring for the lock. The only way to know is expose the latch mechanism and check...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another common problem of Murano. I believe the lift gate is electrically actuated. You push the rubber button outside and it activates the latch. I suspect the contacts in the button gets dirty, corroded or oxidized over the years. Mine could act up at any time, regardless of temperature, humidity, but if I am patient enough to keep pressing it repeatedly, it would eventually unlatch. I haven't gotten a chance to open it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The murano has three ecu,
1.engine
2.transmission
3.accessories
if the front passenger door look don't unlock, the tail gait will not open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts