Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Murano sl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 09 Murano and I ordered light up emblem for the front but can’t seem to figure out how to power it I tried useing headlight fuse and nothing but if I plug to battery comes on so it works just need help with a power source someone help me please!!!!!!

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
The light should be fused separately from the headlight. However, the car's fault check system may see the wrong load on that circuit if you try to power it from the + headlight lead.

You might need to power it from a relay that is triggered by the headlight circuit, but takes power from the battery.

Reactions: TheTrueGhost

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 09 Murano and I ordered light up emblem for the front but can’t seem to figure out how to power it I tried useing headlight fuse and nothing but if I plug to battery comes on so it works just need help with a power source someone help me please!!!!!!
I would run the positive to the fog or parking lights and just ground it to a good ground, you should be able to look up the wiring schematic to determine which wire is the positive. If that doesn't work then you'll need to also run the negative to the same source. If all else fails, and you cant get it to work, you may have to run a switch inside and run power from the battery and find a suitable ground. But, your ground is always the most important connection when adding accessories to your vehicle, at least from my experience with competition sound systems. Grounds make or break electrical systems..... so that's how I would go about it.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
I would run the positive to the fog or parking lights and just ground it to a good ground, you should be able to look up the wiring schematic to determine which wire is the positive. If that doesn't work then you'll need to also run the negative to the same source. If all else fails, and you cant get it to work, you may have to run a switch inside and run power from the battery and find a suitable ground. But, your ground is always the most important connection when adding accessories to your vehicle, at least from my experience with competition sound systems. Grounds make or break electrical systems..... so that's how I would go about it.
Just to add detail - I think you mean to take power (positive) from the fog or parking lights, and also to run the negative//ground to a good ground, correct? (It reads a bit like you're suggesting that he ground the positive wire, which won't work.)

I suspect he has an acceptable ground if the light comes on when he takes power from the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to add detail - I think you mean to take power (positive) from the fog or parking lights, and also to run the negative//ground to a good ground, correct? (It reads a bit like you're suggesting that he ground the positive wire, which won't work.)

I suspect he has an acceptable ground if the light comes on when he takes power from the battery.
Yes, thats what i mean, i can see how it reads wrong....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts