Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of this thing...it says it is compatible with the Murano. seems like it would be a good solution for all those wanting daytime running lights, and it still gives you the option of turning them off if wanted unlike those who are wiring them to be on anytime ignition is on. Also prevents your battery from draining if you leave your lights on. Not sure how much it costs though.

http://lightgenie.biz/index.html

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I would be surprised if it was compatible with LAN/microprocessor based vehicle such as the Murano.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says it has been tested for compatability for Murano.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if all MO's have auto on lights but mine does. For Daytime running lights, I leave my lights on auto and have put a piece of black tape on the sensor on top of the dash. When I start the car the lights turn on and when I turn off the car the lights are turn off whith in a minute or two. The best thing about this mod is it did not cost anything to install.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
How is that different from just turning your lights on and leaving them on.
I believe they will turn off after a couple of minutes. It's a battery saver function I "think". ("think" means I don't know.;) )

Homer

BTW, using DRL.............aren't the lights only run at maybe 60-70% on real DRLs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the auto on feature the lights turn off after 45 seconds and with the battery saver the lights turn off after 5 minutes. Not a big difference but after time the 4 minutes will add up.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Oh, OK.

That makes sense.

Homer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts