Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a list of things to have fixed the next time I get in for service. I'm at about 130,000km / 3 years. Nothing major has gone wrong yet :)

1. light bulb out in coin tray
2. one light bulb over rear license plate is out
3. seat belts need tightening/lubrication as they don't retract well enough
4. rear hatch solenoid (maybe) as rear hatch won't fully close

Not bad. The only other problems I've had in the life of the vehicle have been:

1. stalling/stumbling on start. no solution found yet, other than to bump the gas so it doesn't stall. Was told this is because the VQ engines run a little lean at idle.
2. brake light bulb out
3. window fell off the track and had to be adjusted
4. CD player died out of warranty (motor that spins the discs IMO)

·
5,244 Posts
Recently I have had:
Holden – 160,000 kms (100k miles); problems: none
Ford Falcon – 180,000 kms (116k miles); problems: g/box needed reset (5 min job)
Ford Taurus – 65k miles; problems: front wheel bearing failed.
Mitsubishi – 130,000 kms (80k miles); problems: new brushes for alternator
All were considered “basic” cars and were driven hard (except Taurus). Quite off road and on unsealed roads.

Murano – 54,000 miles: alternator replaced, window rattle (fixed myself though still is there on occasions), central console rattle (fixed myself), front brake discs – resurfaced, alignment – needed corrections, TCM (Transmission Control Module) failed and was replaced, fuel tank protector recall, back safety belts – recall, and a major one – noise from engine department – yet to be fixed.

I do not know why I still love the Murano. However, Nissan stinks!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Definitely had more problems (6) the first 6 months than I ever had with any new car in my driving history, including my first one, a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 convertible, or my last one, a 1997 Chrysler T&C mini.
Or any of the 20 or so various makes in between.

Still form opinions, etc on how long I will keep the car based on possible/probable CVT failure.....
Im passing on the Recall (Gas Tank) because of the absolutely Not Acceptable solution.
And now, people are starting to notice the rear hatch is deforming?!
What's next?

Kris says:
"I do not know why I still love the Murano. However, Nissan stinks!"

Describes me to a T.
Have to admit, that sometimes, when everything is going along very well, Nissan gets all the way up to "not too bad". :rolleyes:
But they have never given me the support that I grew up with, from the domestic manufacturers.
It's my own fault.
I took a screwing from one other company once.
It was a company called Datsun.
And once again, it was a car that I liked very much, a
1977 810 Maxima.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It is easy for me to say this because I have a 2005 model, but I am not too surprised to see that a few problems popped on 2003 models because it was a brand-new design. I can understand a few bugs, but I would expect them to be corrected by the 2004 model, and definitely by the 2005 model. He we are seeing 2006 models with recall issues. That is ridiculous.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. stalling/stumbling on start. no solution found yet, other than to bump the gas so it doesn't stall. Was told this is because the VQ engines run a little lean at idle.
I had the same problem after replacing the battery. I told dealer about it and found a Tech Bulletin that described the problem. It was something to do with the Idle air mixture, $100 later and problem was fixed.

Dan

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not paying $100 for that. I'd rather goose the gas when it stumbles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts