Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with those little blue spots or stickers on our wheels. I can't seem to remove these. Anybody else remove these dots from there wheels.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
accelerate said:
Whats up with those little blue spots or stickers on our wheels. I can't seem to remove these. Anybody else remove these dots from there wheels.
It is a mark used for mounting and balancing the wheel I believe.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They came off easily for me. I washed some of them off and scraped off the others with my thumbnail.

·
Registered
278 Posts
From another Little Blue Dot thread.

BARCODE said:
Aside from being inflated for carrying loads, tires need to be round to work properly. Wheels also need to be round. However, due to manufacturing constraints, neither may be, exactly. So, wheel manufacturers tend to place the valve core hole (or some other mark) painted DOTS at the lowest point of the wheel. Tire manufacturers, on the other hand, tend to place a mark, usually a red dot, on the wheel's highest pint. The hope is if you put the higest point of the tire on the lowest point of the wheel, they will cancel out and you'll end up with a round wheel/tire combo.

Hope this helps..

Paul

:2:

·
4,601 Posts
So take them off and put them back on when it's time to change tires. You might want to mark where they were with a blue dot or something.;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody. But you would think there would be a better way to mark the heaviest spot of the wheel. Maybe in the design on the wheel. Like an (x) or something stamped in the wheel.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, or do it on the other side where it's not seen!

·
Registered
717 Posts
With all the genius tire installation guys out there, I suspect Nissan decided to make it as obvious as possible in order to have less problems with balancing issues, especially with the 18" and bigger rims that are getting so common today.

They can be very hard to balance correctly if you don't use all the advantages possible, including marking the heaviest spot on the wheel.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No such things on the Euro versions, well the UK to be exact...European tire people must be smarter and able to read the manuals :2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts