Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer yesterday for an oil change and a few warranty items. . .rack bolt tightening, unanticipated door locking, etc. The rack was fixed but I was told that they wouldn't fix the "Nissan door lock problem" because my MO is an '04 and doesn't fit the VIN numbers on the TSB. Great. . .one of the salesmen at the dealer was locked out of an '04 on a demo yesterday. . .great way to sell a car. One would think Nissan would correct the problem on all cars with the problem. At least they gave me another valet key to have.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
If you search the forums you will see that there are actually two different "lock out" problems.. the TSB addresses the "Electrical" version, where all the doors will lock.

the onther one (the one the sales guy probably got on the 04) is an "ergonomics" one.. the design of the inside lock "lever/knob" is poorly designed (IMO) and when you get you, you end up pushing it into the locked position without even knowing it.. (see the threads for more details..)

I don't know about anyone else.. but as soon as it gets warm enough to work outside, I'm going to open the door off, and "round off" the little ridge (and put some small groves on it) this will make it will work, but you have to do it intentionally.

I'll post some pics when I get it done

1 - 2 of 2 Posts