Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know if the lock-out problem is just on 03's? I have an 04, and have tried to get it to lock out on me (when it's at home with the spare keys nearby...I'm not THAT stupid!) to no avail. Ok, now this does sound stupid, BUT, could it be that Nissan made a modification to the 04's that the dealerships don't know about? Perhaps for my 04 it's wishful thinking...and no, mine is Glacier Pearl not Pewter!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine is a 04 which came off the assembly line in Japan on Dec 3rd. Did you bother reading the thread where it says it's an erogonomic problem and those who have the problem are hitting the manual locking button unintentionally and locking ourselves out? Try this, lock the door manually and close it. Are you locked out?

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
My '04 has locked itself once. I had left the window open, so out of curiosity I leaned in and looked at the manual lock button...it was still in the UNLOCKED position. I moved it to locked, the back to unlocked and the door opened. None of the other doors locked.

I visit this forum every day, so am always on the lookout for glitches and rattles.

I'm with anyone who wants to take this "undocumented feature" to Nissan. I am determined to have a problem free $37k car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, took about 1 minute. Seems like it did the trick !

Steggy

PS: '03 White and has locked the driver's door every day that I have owned the car, but only locked out once, but once was enough.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lock Out

Disconnecting the rod to the manual lock is the quick fix. It took four times back to nissan service for them to do a temp. repair. But it's only temp. and they havn't come up with a real cure. Also color isn't what makes it lock out nor does it have to be running, with the key in it, It doesn't even have to be wet to get the door to lock.We have heard all the silly reasons that the owners did to cause the problem, we just need nissans answer to correct the engineering mistake. I will keep going back till they get it corrected and I'll post the results as they happen. Oh by the way 03,04 doesn't matter either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Initially I thought I was a complete idiot for locking myself out of my new car! Glad to see I'm not alone.

I just bought my new 04 Murano, 1 week later at a gas station (engine off), with my 3 year old in the back seat, I got out to open the fuel filler door, locked, hmmmmm, oh yeah I tried out locking all door after driving away from my house for something different, maybe a safe habit to get into for crash protection. All doors were locked of course, including the driver's door! I was shocked that this could happen with the key in the ignition. I thought I missed something in the manual. Fortunately I was close to home and phoned for my wife to bring the spare keys. I was embarrassed to say the least.

This is most certainly a design problem. In the interm I have a hidden key under the suspension. Not perfectly safe of course but better than getting locked out again far from home!

I will look into this solution and dump the hidden key, thanks.

Any rumors about nissan correcting this problem voluntarily?

Cheers;

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had my murano lock me out recently while I was warming it up in the driveway. I've had the car 6 months and this is a first. I *know* it wasn't me because all the doors were locked (I set the system to unlock *all* doors upon the first press of the remote). I couldn't believe I was sitting there looking at a running car that had locked me out :-(

Edit: 2004 Copper SE, 10k miles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had MO lock me out on two occasions since April. The first time I was able to open the unlocked passenger door. The second time the window was rolled down.

The simple solution:
Change the vehicle electronic settings to open ALL doors with a single click of the remote (instead of just the drivers door). If the problem is with ergonomics the hatch and the other three doors should still be unlocked.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I routinely get locked out of the MO. At least once a day, but unlike some, I cannot blame it on the MO's security system. Every single time I have found the driver's door lock button pressed in just enough to engage the lock and I know I do that with my hand when I exit the car. Whenever I pay attention, I never get locked out. No doubt it is a bad design, but at least in my case it is not because of a faulty system.

IMO, the easiest solution would be to disconnect the rod but for those who do not want to do that, have a regular key cut (not one with transponder chip) and hide it somewhere where you can access it from outside the car. This is not as much of a security risk as hiding the original key because without the chip the car cannot be started.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well unfortunately none of the solutions here will work - indeed the car *IS* locking all my doors *electronically* - it's not a case of me hitting the lock! Even more unfortunate is there's no way to reproduce this that i know of. Perhaps I picked up some radio interference or something .. who knows :-(

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the MO in for service about two weeks ago. My mechanic said he.. "couldn't reproduce it" therefore couldn't fix it. This morning, I was locked out again with no way to get back in. Had to call my wife to come bail me out. I called the dealer and raised hell... I got a call about 30 minutes ago telling me to bring both remotes with the car in. Let you guys know what they did to fix it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Any body have Lockout problems or anything else with the 05 Intellegent Key ?

·
5,100 Posts
OOOH ! A good one. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lockout with intel key

None for me Grip cuz the Intel Key is always in my pocket.....And, I given the wife a warning about exiting without her purse. Love it.

By the way just returned from a 350 mile trip....24.8 mpg average. No major hills.

·
5,100 Posts
Still want to see a PIC of your 05 with the contrasting side guards. How many miles now?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Slightly different topic.. a comment that the MO has a bad overall design in that you can look the door with the key in the igition. My wife's RX300 will not allow it and if the key is in the igition and you pres the lock the doors immediately unlock. You CAN lock the doors if the key is in the ignition when the doors are closed but not when the doors are open.

I wish the MO did that... it would solve these issues.

It has been mentioned before but I will add it... I've noticed that when opening the door sometimes I hit the lock and lock the door. I had the TSB perform on my MO and it worked as I was getting locked out... now I just need a TSB for my to stop me from locking myself out. :p

·
5,100 Posts
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
37 Participants
Stefanie55
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing