Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK, so was doing some thinking this morning. If you disable the lock, and then your battery dies, how do you get in???

I'm thinking the power locks wouldn't work with the remote, you can't unlock it with your key, so you can't pop your hood to charge the battery...

Any insights?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
You don't really disable the lock. You just undo the link from the inside lock button to the door latch in the front door. You can still unlock from outside with your key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lock/Out-FIXED

Today my dealer fixed the lock-out problem. New door harness and latch were installed. NO/CHARGE. Call your Nissan dealers.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: Lock/Out-FIXED

MarcoPolo said:
Today my dealer fixed the lock-out problem. New door harness and latch were installed. NO/CHARGE. Call your Nissan dealers.
Yes same thing happened to me about 1 ago... search the forrum for my posts. Its been fine since they replaced the harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lock-Out Problem/Solution

The problem I had was that after 1 or so minutes my doors would lock automatically.
The following is what was on the work order:
B COM: DOORS LOCK ON THEIR OWN
CAUSE: CORRODED
UH97AA CHECK & REPLACE DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR & HARNESS
129 WS (N/C)
24125-CA004 HARNESS (N/C)
80501-CA012 LOCK (N/C)

FC: ZG28
PART#: 24125CA004

I hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have noticed something about the auto lock.

I have repeated the test many times.
Lock your Mo with the fob. Now unlock it with the fob. Don't open the door, wait a minute, "flop" there it goes. If you open the door after you unlock it via the fob, it won't relock. If you don't open the door, it will.
I wonder if the problem is either just this scenario, or the puter isn't sensing the door opening after the unlock.
I haven't tested it with the key, but I haven't used a key to unlock a car in many years, they have all had fobs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi mgthe3,

What you replicated is not a problem. It's a failsafe for most auto locks/key fobs. As you stated, if you unlock with the fob, but then do not open any doors, it automatically locks after about one minute. That is because they are assuming that if you unlock it, but don't open any doors, you actually unlocked it by accident (like if the button gets pushed when it's in your pocket or purse).

That way, you don't accidentally unlock the car walking away from it and have it stay unlocked. Plus, if you unlock it, and then don't get it, chances are you have ur keys on you, so u can just unlock it when you want to get in...

-Lil' Bit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re lock out

My first post! I briefly read about the lock-out problems and did not see any recent posts. The other day I went to fill my gas tank and could not open the little round door that you press to get to the cap. I tried and tried and finally thought of using my key fob which opened it after pressing it twice. A minute later, with my keys in my hand and the fob dangling in the air, I heard the doors lock! Has anyone had similar experiences with the gas tank door? Both must be related?
Thanks in advance for any insight. I will take the car to the dealership soon.

M.
Pearl White 2004 Murano SE

·
Registered
758 Posts
Fuel Door

MBruce, The vehicle must be unlocked to be able to open the fuel door. Also if you unlock the vehicle and no exit or entry is made within a set time limit, the doors will auto lock.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
MBruce-

Your fuel door solenoid may be sticking. This not a common problem, but it is an easy one to fix. The dealer can either lubricate it or replace it.

-njjoe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driver Door lock out problem

Great solution. I will do it because..

Despite figuring out cause (lightly brushing against manual rocker when reaching for dr pull handle), driver door will inadvertently "lock" at least once/two weeks (yes, that often & anywhere). Of course, rocker appears to be "unlocked" - it barely moves. Happened 2X shortly after buying 2003 Murano on 24Dec2002. Fortunately, other drs were unlocked. Learned early to remotely unlock all drs before getting in, leave a window open or take car key with me.

First full "lock out" occurred this past Xmas time at sister's home. Had to use her truck to retrieve spare set of keys from home 6 miles away. Very annoying, but not bad after 3 yrs of ownership.

It's a factory design defect, yet the Nissan dealers have no solution & Nissan won't own it. But I still like the car except for the poor mileage (16.3 mpg average over 3 yrs 2003-05).

Just read a posting with a Dealer installed harness & latch solution - Will ck out 1st.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: Lock/Out-FIXED

MarcoPolo said:
Which Nissan dealership in Toronto did you had this fixed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Subsequent to my last posting in March 2006, I did check & had the new door lock part installed, at no cost, by my dealer, New City Nissan in Honolulu. Per the invoice, the part # is 80501-CA06A and is described as "LOCK&REMOTE CON". Best of all, it worked. To date, I have had NO inadvertent door lockouts. Sorry I did not report back on this sooner.

Just for your info: Mileage is still lousy and gotten worse. I drive less than 8,000 miles/yr and is mostly in city. The AC always "on". Because our gas now has 10% Ethanol, mileage has gone down a bit. My mpg for my 2003 Murano is as follows: 2003/16.8mpg; 2004/15.8mpg; 2005/16.3mpg; 2006/15.6 mpg. The mpg range per tankful of gas was 12.4-18.2 mpg. My year end mileage = 25859.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I just called my dealer... $135 for that part.... I am out of warranty I wonder if Nissan would cover it since it is a bad design.

I'm always checking that lock when I get out of the car and I find that about 40% the door would have locked behind me.

Can post a picture of the changed part.... is it noticeable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Technically, my car was also out of warranty (3 yrs), but I had complained about this problem to my dealer several times during various servicing appointments. They could not duplicate the problem and never had a fix until I pointed it out to my dealer in March 2006.

I believe this was a bad design or a defect, which, in my opinion, was resolved in the 2004 Murano. If you are an original owner, I am certain that you have been locked out of your car many times during the originally warranty period and probably took the car in at least once to address this problem. I would talk to your dealer's service manager 1st, then contact Nissan's regional manager. The dealer wants to make sure that their expenses are covered by Nissan. The problem is that Nissan has not made it a recall item and have not openly acknowledged this as a "real" problem. Obviously, for several of us 2003 Murano owners, installation of this new door lock part has resolved this long persisting problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since day one, the first press of the unlock button opened just the driver's side door (and according to the manual, the fuel door) the second press of the button opened all doors. I don't know what's happened, but now the first press of the button opens all doors. I checked the owner's manual, but can't find instruction on how to set the program back to the way it was before. Does anyone have the answer? Thank You.

'04 SE AWD Glacier Pearl

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ann said:
Since day one, the first press of the unlock button opened just the driver's side door (and according to the manual, the fuel door) the second press of the button opened all doors. I don't know what's happened, but now the first press of the button opens all doors. I checked the owner's manual, but can't find instruction on how to set the program back to the way it was before. Does anyone have the answer? Thank You.

'04 SE AWD Glacier Pearl
Not sure if it is any different on the 04, but on my 06 I recall it being an option you can change in the display.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
37 Participants
Stefanie55
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing