Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I only took delivery three weeks ago, my 2003 SL is an early maufacture date of Dec '02. Had noted some time ago both on this website and edmunds.com numerous discussions regarding the vehicles penchant to arbitrarily lock the doors.
Has now happened to me twice in the last few days:
1) had moved the MO to the road at end of driveway then decided to check tire pressures before proceeding. Key was in ignition, engine off. It locked up but despite my being right by the vehicle did not hear the lock engage.
2) had left the vehicle for just a couple of moments with engine running and a passenger on board. Locked again but the passenger, who coincidently also owns a MO, did not hear the locks engage.
Would any one know if Nissan finally determined what was causing this and what TSB number/name might have been issued to resolve the problem once and for all.
In the meantime having a spare key in my pocket lends new meaning to the phrase 'never leave home without it'.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Wow, I thought I was dreaming. I thought it happened to me once several months ago, but I never could be sure. As an after effect, I *always* roll a window down before getting out of the car if I intend to leave it running or leave the keys in the ignition (i.e. at a gas station). It is so automatic anymore, that I sometimes question if I'm just neurotic. Sorry I can't help answer your question, but its good (well, kinda) to know that I'm not nuts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reference to the other thread. Armed with the TSB info I will see what the dealer has to say when she goes in for the 1st service in about 1000km (625 mls).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I joined the lock out club today

I got locked out this morning...and my kids got locked in!

Did nothing unusual... Mo in the garage. Doors were unlocked. Opened passenger back door. Strapped kids into the car seats. Closed the door. Went to get a bottle of water.

Came back and all the doors were locked.

I hoped that I would be one of the lucky ones and that this wouldn't never happen to my Mo, but it did. Tried to read through all the problem posts and I found this:

----------------------------------------------

On the settings menu, touch the settings button a few times until you get to personalized settings, and joystick down.
There is a setting for"remote door unlock logic" where you can program a certain time after which the car will relock it's doors, or turn it off completely.

----------------------------------------------

I turned mine off completely! I have an '04, so hope this works.

Try it. If it works for you, it's a painless fix.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had my 03 done by the dealer (no charge).
Turned off, that is.
On the 03 it is an OBDII Consult parameter.

Homer

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being an '03 SL, personalized setting not an available option. So will still be seeing the dealer, but now I have two potential ways to discuss with them to fix the problem.
Thnx, Homer

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're welcome Ann, like I said. it was someone elses fix - I'm glad it worked for you.

HwnMurano: I had my keys with me when I got locked out this morning. It's a really quick fix.
You could probably do it while sitting in traffic OR waiting in line to get gas at costco for that matter. LOL.
PS. Have you installed your moldings yet?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have an '03... same issue. Got locked out twice and needed a cab ride home on one occasion.

The TSB resolved this issue. :claphead:

On thing to keep in mind is that it is very very easy to hit the lock as you open the door to get out. I'm not saying that you are not having a tech issue here but just becareful when leaving your car that you don't accidentally hit the lock near the handle. Of couse this would not cause all doors to lock but if the only door that was unlocked was the driver's door then you are SOL.

Even after the TSB fix I'm ensure that I confirm that the door is not locked when I leave the car or take my keys with me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
RE: Lock Out

Can someone explain to me how to release the lock out features on MO again...? I'm confused. :rolleyes:

Nizmo

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have an '03 a trip to the dealer is needed - see post from hfelknor above.
If you have an '04 see post from MO-808

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you have an '03 a trip to the dealer is needed - see post from hfelknor above.
If you have an '04 see post from MO-808

·
Registered
285 Posts
RE: Lockout

Thanks! :)

Nizmo

·
Registered
278 Posts
How many TSBs for Lockout?

My '03 (made in November) does the driver door lockout thing (and, no, I am not hitting the mechanical lock).

I can hear the door lock itself if I am standing near the vehicle. It does this if the vehicle has been started (whether running or not) and I have gotten out of the vehicle after that.

This is, of course, not the part where it locks the doors because you unlocked them but did not open a door.

It only locks the driver's door (and I always unlock all doors, and I always carry the fob outside the vehicle, with me, tied to my mittens).

They used a TSB for a Maxima problem. I told them (based on info posted here) that this would not solve the problem. They did it. The problem persisted.

Next service visit, they had TSB#2 (replace the actuator inside the door, leave grease everywhere and leave enough oily stuff that for 3 months, I could put more on the window every time I upped or downed the window).

Problem not solved.

Yesterday, they pulled out TSB#3 and it says to change a harness. They have ordered the harness.

I prefer this door problem to, say, an exploding transmission, or to driving a Ford.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I didn't realize there were so may TSB for this one issue. I had the problem... they found a TSB and fixed it the first time. I don't have this issue any more but I on ocassion accidentally hit the door lock when opening the door.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Despite having the dealer deactivate the "Remote Door Unlock Logic", drivers door has locked by itself twice since then. So next time in the shop they will be replacing the harness. One point though. Although another thread seemed to indicate the unlock logic could be set for 1 minute (default) or 5 minutes or off, as the technician showed me he had 2 choices only - on or off.
My build date is Dec/02 and I am thinking at some point since then the software was updated.

On the related note of TSBs. www.nissanhelp.com (as recently noted by another member), seems to have all the TSBs available for easy download. Suspect my dealer may be non too impressed when I produce the one to retorque the mounting nut for the antenna in an attempt to improve weak radio reception!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts