Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm always checking the door lock after I get out of the MO... sometimes I find that I also hit the lock by accident. Good thing I check.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had the Dealer disable the auto lock using a Consult II. I have a 2003. 2004s can disable this feature from the info screen.
Never had the problem after that.

I can certainly understand that "some" instances are caused by knuckles partially moving the mecahical lock on the dooor.

Just the mere presence of the TSB indicates that most of these problems with auto lock are likely a bad harness, tho.

IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU, try the other doors before you panic.
Stay cool. :1:

Homer

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If it is the harness then all the doors will be locked on you. I had the dealer replace the harness... hasn't locked me out since. Now I just need the dealer to replace my fingers so I don't lock myself out when I open the door.

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
Do you guys have the NAV?....I saw some where in the nav settings about the auto lock feature. Mine was set @ 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
b0xdesigns said:
Do you guys have the NAV?....I saw some where in the nav settings about the auto lock feature. Mine was set @ 5 minutes.
04 Cars with no Nav also have that setting. I think that has to do with the length of time before auto relock if you unlock using the fob but never open any doors.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Darn it! I want a firmware upgrade so I can have all the cool functions you guys have! GRRRR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fob quick release

I got locked out a couple of times for 'unknow' reasons, but fortunatly I had my window down. I though I might be clumsy and hitting the manual lock, but I stood by the Mo after exiting a few times, and heard it lock itself. Sooooooooo, I got one of those quick release key chains and put my fob on it. So whenever I get out and leave it running to keep it warm while I'm buying more smokes, I got my fob with me. HooAhh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
locked out problem SOLVED

I'm having the same problems everyone else is having in this thread,locks with a mind of there own.My 04 SE started acting up about a month ago.It's done it three times,two with engine on,once off.All VERY Inconvenient.Called my dealership,Guess What?.
There is a TSB on the problem and the part to fix it is on order as we speak!They will call next week to set up a time and date change it out.I was so stunded,I didn't think to ask what part is.I let you know.:2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You are right. There is a TSB which was applied to my MO and it has been fine... well except for the design issue of the door locks. I always check the lock when exiting and about 50% of the time I've locked the door by accident.

I've never seen such a bad design before for a door lock. At least I know about it.

Seriously the MO should NOT allow doors locked when the engine is running with car in P. My wife's RX300 will not let you lock yourself out when the eninge is running.... the MO is very happy to do so.

Nice to know the MO has a sense of humor... sort of. :eek:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They have revised the TSB (drastically) since you had it done Gonzo.
I believe that they used to replace the Harness for the drivers side.

Homer
Now this is what they do:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Luckely for me... with the intelligent key... I never have to take it out of my pocket. So if I get out of the car while it's running and it locks out, i have the keyfob in my pocket.

Although once, I autostarted my car in the morning before work from the house. Went out to the car and drove an hour to work. Got their and shut the car off and locked the doors... to realize, I didn't take the key with me and now I was at work without my key to start it and get home. Whoops

21 - 35 of 35 Posts