Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lockup issue on my 2003 Murano. I added the XM receiver myself after order the kit from Grubb's. I also did send the receiver back once because of the lockup issue. It seems that I have a newer firmware one since it does lockup and then eventually reset unlike its predecessor. Every once in awhile, it doesn't recover.

I did search for this answer already, but didn't find it. Does the lockup problem occur if you use the Sirius receiver instead? I'm considering converting over anyway, would this make those issues go away? I know I would need a new antenna too.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Curious why swtich from XM to Sirius? I was thinking about getting XM for my 03 and install it myself as you have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didn't want to spawn a different controversy, but since you asked, I may move from XM to Sirius to follow Howard Stern.

·
4,601 Posts
If memory serves me right, it's less likely to lock up.

You could put your XM up for sale... I'm sure someone would like to snag it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had Sirius for just over three months. I don't consider this a lockup, but have twice gotten an "Invalid Channel" message. The first time I tuned to a lower channel and back, and the next time I just powered the system off and on. I figure it was just incomplete acquisition. Otherwise perfect. Love Sirius!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I will sell the reciever here if I make a move to Sirius.

My memory told me that the Sirius receiver isn't impacted by the lockup issues. The lockup issues on the XM receiver are few and far between but require the vehicle to be turned on and off to recover. I was wondering the Sirius ones are having the same troubles intermittently.

·
4,601 Posts
I recall thinking my XM was locked up, one time, but I left it and continued driving. It took about 5 minutes, but it finally came up correctly. Mine does not have the firmware that auto resets it.

Anyway, I've created a poll to see if we can get some "real" stats.

Poll: OEM Sat Radio, does yours lockup?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a fine idea Jaak for the poll! This might be a more obvious solution to some people later in the year. Howard Stern makes his move in January 2006. I think there will be a small migration from XM to Sirius for those that are true fans.

I think its great Nissan and Infiniti allow such flexibility. I won't have such a choice or luxury in my Honda or Chevy. I know a lot of people feel strongly about XM vs. Sirius or Howard Stern in general. I think its just nice that at least we have a choice in this vehicle brand.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My sirius factory unit has locked up 7 times

car has 6000 miles on it and 7 times lock up I unplug the box and and plug it back in and now we get sirius. Should the dealer exchange the unit Will They? Can not dup the issue? O well e will see

:confused: :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts