Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my family on our annual trip from Florida to North Carolina next month. Saftey for my family is the first thing that comes to mind. The second: OUR BRAND NEW MURANO! I hate the thought of driving it that long on the interstate. Just thinking of all the dings and scratches to the frontend makes me cry. Questions: 1) Is there a solid protective wax that will sheild my MO? 2) Should I invest in one of those clear 3M bras and where can I buy one? Thank you very much my online Murano family!
-The Kablers
ialmond.com/TheKablers

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I recommend the Colgan nose mask. I have one and it fits perfect and looks great. You can search "Colgan bra" in the forum for pictures.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My recommendation is Thrifty, Hertz or Enterprise! I used to drive from Ft. Laud. to SC every month and didn't want to put that kind of mileage on MO or Suburban. Got to test other cars that are out there. One note though...get the rental one day before you are going to go away to make sure everything works...long drive without cruise control (Pacifica from Thrifty!)

·
4,601 Posts
Everytime I rent a car, it's a disappointment because it's not the Murano. I took mine on a long drive and loved it!

I say use it, but use it with protection. Play it safe. (I am talking about the Murano...)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Around here, Enterprise rents Muranos, so perhaps you might be able to get one for your trip. I know before I get a Murano I am going to rent one for the weekend to make sure it works for me the way I want it to.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've traveled in other cars and none of them are anywhere as comfy as the Murano.

I'd look at the Colgan mentioned above. I've also heard good things about the 3M product.

Or you could just drive it the way it is because wherever the protection ends is where the first ding is gonna happen.

·
5,244 Posts
Guys, this is just a car! Just drive it and enjoy! Do not worry about chips etc.

I took my MO to Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida (down to Naples, Miami) N and S Carolina and all around. Never regretted! It is a great cruiser! God permitting next year will be Rockies…..

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
took mine to rockies and all the way to the west coast (of Canada). i must say, if you rent a car then on your way, you will miss MO every mile. thinking how would MO perform in such conditions.... etc...

so my suggestion is take your MO. get some protection (for car) and you should be good to go !

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Kris said:
Guys, this is just a car! Just drive it and enjoy! Do not worry about chips etc.

I took my MO to Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida (down to Naples, Miami) N and S Carolina and all around. Never regretted! It is a great cruiser! God permitting next year will be Rockies…..
Yeah....what he said....

Personally I don't understand the point of NOT driving a car you own. You bought it to drive it, so drive it! Keep up with the maintenance and it won't let you down.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hope y'all didn't think I was implying that the MO wouldn't be great on a long trip. My concern when I was doing the N>S run was the mileage that was needlessly racking up. I always prefer to drive my own car but learned my lesson with the Suburban. It had a 42 gallon tank so I could go door to door with the cruise set on 80 without stopping (I-95 is fantastic now). Took a toll on her since 2 tranny's went within 2 years and no towing. I also like to keep mileage down if I can. My '03 just turned 21K and I consider that a lot since it's all city driving. If you don't mind the mileage, then go for it and don't worry about the little things, dings or chips...

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you do the math on how much you'd spend on a rental - is it really worth it?

I'd rather have a well maintained high-mileage car than a low-mileage city car.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
midnitexpress said:
Hope y'all didn't think I was implying that the MO wouldn't be great on a long trip. My concern when I was doing the N>S run was the mileage that was needlessly racking up. I always prefer to drive my own car but learned my lesson with the Suburban. It had a 42 gallon tank so I could go door to door with the cruise set on 80 without stopping (I-95 is fantastic now). Took a toll on her since 2 tranny's went within 2 years and no towing. I also like to keep mileage down if I can. My '03 just turned 21K and I consider that a lot since it's all city driving. If you don't mind the mileage, then go for it and don't worry about the little things, dings or chips...
Steady speed highway cruising is the type of driving that puts the least wear on a car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
how about a low-mileage, well maintained city car?
;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Still a city car. It really depends.

It is kinda hard to abuse a car on the highway. Pretty easy from every stop light.

Highway - you reach operating temperature and it stays pretty steady. City - constantly changing. Expand. Contract. Expand....

·
Registered
256 Posts
...and the math did work out that the rental was cheaper to use when I was driving the Chevy. Did I forget to mention the corporate discount at Thrifty?
:rolleyes:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
A note from the guy who only owns Garage Queens

Let's see the Phaeton has less than a 1000 and the ModMo just over 3300mi.

I buy em to play with, and like em clean and perfect. If i need transportation, I like the rental idea, keeps my Queens on their throne's.

Reduced worries, Park anywhere in the lot, No need for Bras, or post trip clean up. Just return it, and save the mileage for my city driving. I figure if I need to show mileage on the speedo let it be the tough mileage.

But definitely rent a Mo that has had the Alternator changed.... so you don't have to do it on the trip. :2:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nothing beats a clean MO on an open highway. Cars just love driving at constant speeds on the highway. Heck I love driving constant speeds on the highway.

I'm getting all excitted thinking about my drive home from work. :2:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I guess I buy cars because I enjoy driving them. If I were a car collector - it'd be a different story. A Murano isn't a collectors car.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Interesting how people see things differently.
IF I HAD to "rent a car", I would rent a car to buy groceries with.
But I BOUGHT the Murano to enjoy trips more.......

Of course I DO have the invisible bra and there are NO chips, scratches, etc on the front end (Or on the rear where I had them fabricate a bumper Protector.) after two plus years and 26,000 miles.

I HEARTILY reco an Ultrashield invisible bra.
A regular Bra?
What's next? A scarf? A diaper?
Invisible is the only way to go IMO.

Homer

·
Registered
23 Posts
hfelknor said:
I HEARTILY reco an Ultrashield invisible bra.
A regular Bra?
What's next? A scarf? A diaper?
Invisible is the only way to go IMO.

Homer
I second that emotion. The invisible bra is the ONLY way to go.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts